Shipping Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Eaton’s B-Line Division is currently seeking a 2nd Shift Shipping Supervisor to join our team.
This position is based at our Troy, Illinois facility.
The Supervisor will be responsible for performance with respect to safety & the environment, quality, on time delivery, cost for shipping department. Must work cooperatively with other functional leaders and managers to optimize the entire product line to exceed the needs of the customer and is committed to continuous improvement. Additionally, the incumbent will be responsible for leading/developing key processes for export shipments and expedited freight requests.
- You will understand and optimize shipping and receiving capacities within the plant
- You will prepare daily shipping schedules based on available capacity and demand
- You will proactively determine potential risks to the shipping schedule and communicate to the appropriate parties
- You will review current or past due orders for available shipments
- You will update and communicate key delivery metrics
- You will oversee day-to-day activities to meet daily, monthly quarterly and yearly expectations
- You will guide the Value Stream in daily operations and continuous improvements which include but are not limited to: supply chain production control, establishing manufacturing priorities, coordination of activities with off-shift management and order shipments
- You will reduce operational costs, inventories and lead times through continuous improvements.
- You will evaluate the Pull Demand, initiate the process within the production system, loop schedules and identify process & changeover improvements. Emphasize the creation of continuous product flow, utilize pull systems where flow I not currently possible and works to level the workload
- You will ensure the proper application and interpretation of established personnel and safety policies throughout the plant
- You will create the basis for continuous improvement and employee empowerment by ensuring that standard work processes are followed, countermeasures implemented and the area is compliant with safety requirements.
- You must promote a team environment and must develop direct reports through problem solving skill sets
- You will assure that appropriate equipment is provided, adequately maintained and safely operated
- You will be responsible for managing team members, employment decisions and performance assessments of the Product line or work group.
- You will allocate the necessary resources to meet external and internal commitments while maintaining budgetary control
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a leadership role in a manufacturing or distribution environment is required
- Must reside within a 50 mile radius of work location; no relocation benefit is provided
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or Industrial Technology from an accredited institution is preferred
- 3 Years of experience in a supervisory or management role is preferred
- SAP business system experiences a plus.
Position Success Criteria:
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong supervisor skill set a must including but not limited to developing individuals, coaching, mentoring and building a team environment
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
time management skill as well as oral and written communication skills.
Able to handle multiple and conflicting priorities
- Knowledge of lean principles, manufacturing and distribution processes necessary
- Strong practical knowledge applicable to manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft applications are a must.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time