Human Resources Manager
- Conducts the screening, selection, and recruitment process of personnel to fill vacant positions in accordance with EEO/ AAP guidelines and procedures.
- Implements and administers approved compensation programs to ensure employees are competitively compensated as per the existing Corporate wage and salary administration guidelines.
- Administers and monitors appropriate use of the Company benefits program to ensure cost control and effectiveness.
- Develops, coordinates, and conducts employee training and development activities to help them improve their managerial, supervisory, professional, and technical/vocational competence.
- Supports the EHS personnel and occupational nurses in the implementation of the Corporate industrial hygiene, safety, and health program and ensures compliance with OSHA standards in line with injuries/ illness prevention and reporting requirements.
- Develops and implements an innovative employee’s rewards and recognition program to foster employee involvement and praise significant contributions.
- Plans, develops, and implements an effective communications program to maintain a sound information exchange system between management and employees, and the surrounding community.
- Plans, develops, and conducts employee’s social, cultural, sports, and recreational activities to foster better interpersonal relations, motivation, and positive attitude among the workforce.
- Identifies and recommends charitable and other non-profit organizations in the community to participate in the Eaton’s Corporate contributions program.
- Provide management with counseling, coaching, and assistance in all pertinent matters related to the Company’s policies, procedures, and practices, labor laws and regulations, and other human resources issues and concerns.
- Supports and implements Eaton’s human resources initiatives to meet Corporate goals and objectives in line with the overall business strategic plan.
- Recommends and administers appropriate budget for the operation of the department’s functional programs and projects.
- Responsibilities related to Health, Safety and Environment (EHS):
- Attend and Performs all EHS training assigned.
- Promotes MESH processes and policies to his department employees.
- Provides all resources needed to ensure that all MESH policies and procedures all performed by all personnel under his/her supervision.
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Behavioral Sciences, or related field
- 6 to 8 years’ experience in similar position in a manufacturing environment
- Strong oral/written English and Spanish communications skills
- Personal Computer literacy
- Knowledge of local/federal labor laws and compliance regulations
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, or Business Administration from an accredited institution
- Strong ethics, values, and the ability to influence and impact others’ decision making
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
- Experience with positive employee relations and programs
- Knowledge of HR compliance and legal issues
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Demonstrated ability to build organizational capability
- Analytical skills
- Coaching/Facilitation/Conflict Management skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time