Eaton’s Lighting Division is seeking an Operations Manager located in our Aurora, CO facility.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, this person will manage multi-product line manufacturing operations to meet or exceed safety, quality, delivery, cost and efficiency goals for the shift. The Operations Manager will also develop shift supervisors and hourly employees through teaching, coaching, mentoring and leadership.
- Manage the activities of assigned brand production operations, ensuring that a quality product is produced in a timely, efficient manner at the lowest possible cost
- Partner with commercial product line leaders and customer service
- Provide leadership and guidance to all production employees in respective product lines
- Responsible for shift talent management, employee engagement and performance management and assessing current team members
- Identify, select and develop talent to ensure “bench strength” and continued development and advancement of top talent within the organization
- Provide coaching, motivation, and counseling to employees to encourage optimum performance and continued skill development
- Ensure maintenance of records and reports on productivity, quality, and attendance across the shift
- Manage schedules and manpower requirements to meet or exceed production plans
- Monitor productivity to ensure that established shift quality and production levels are maintained or exceeded
- Provide shipping oversight to ensure orders are shipped in an expedient manner at the lowest possible cost
- Ensure a safe work environment for all employees, in collaboration with the EHS Manager; also drive and support behavioral based zero incident safety culture
- Champion use of Eaton systems and tools to ensure appropriate execution within assigned areas
- Engage leaders in manufacturing LEAN initiatives including but not limited to operator standard work, 5S, pull systems, empowered work teams, and structured problem solving
- Foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Operations or Manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Ability to lead in an integrated team environment
- Excellent strategic planning and organizational skills
- Financial and business acumen
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma concepts
- Knowledge of manufacturing and engineering systems and processes
- Good understanding and positive support of standard personnel policies and practices
- Strong interpersonal communication skills: Demonstrated ability to build trust and credibility, lead by example, provide ongoing coaching and feedback, manage through conflict, and strive for continuous improvement
- Strong managerial courage and ability to work through resistance and pushback to change
- Strong drive for results is essential, with self-directed leadership, requiring minimal supervision & being proactive
- Must possess high ethical standards and ability to abide by Eaton’s values and philosophies
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Lighting and/or electrical industry experience
- Experience using SAP
- Bilingual in Spanish language
An undergraduate degree is required. A Master’s Degree is preferred.
Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary and complete benefits
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only