Senior OEM Sales Engineer
Eaton Corporation’s North America Electrical Sales Division, located in Memphis, TN has an immediate opening for a Senior OEM Sales Engineer.
The primary function of the Senior OEM Sales Engineer is to sell assigned product lines to targeted customers within the given territory. The position will be responsible to achieve the assigned sales goal for assigned product categories. It will be an expectation to manage all aspects of the customer relationship providing sales and technical assistance to distributors and machinery OEMs.
The primary functions also include: understanding Eaton’s support structure available to sales, including EatonCare; understanding Eaton proprietary systems and software; applying technical knowledge for all products that are involved with the sales assignment; comprehension of project specifications and drawings; ability to gain confidence of customers and become a trusted source of information about Eaton offerings. Key focus for this position is setting a strategy for selling control, automation and distribution products to Machinery OEM customers. This includes driving market share growth in IEC power control, circuit protection products, variable frequency drives, automation products and circuit protection devices.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop and execute sales plans to meet performance expectations and requirements
- You will qualify, quote, negotiate and log opportunities
- You will prepare sales presentations to create product understanding and awareness
- You will build relationships with key customers to enhance long-term business prospects
- You will work with product lines to resolve technical issues while working with customers to resolve quality issues
- You will canvas the market to gain insight and adjust to ever changing pricing and delivery requirements
- You will assist team to develop a coordinated sales effort while keeping management informed of market conditions
- You will obtain ongoing training on both functional and technical skills
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience within the electrical industry
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Must have strong knowledge base and experience with control, automation, and distribution applications and products
- Ability to respond to a variety of challenging circumstances while continuing to demonstrate superior selling skills for important customer services and applications
- Solid understanding of market trends, industry issues, and knowledge of competitors
- Understands and practices value selling
- Effective interpersonal and teamwork skill
- Experience with preparing sales proposals that meet customer expectations
- Robust presentation, training and communications skills
- Strong work ethic, communications skills, competitiveness, willingness to learn and adept at building relationships
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time