Continuous Improvement Manager
Eaton's Vehicle Group has an opening for:
Continuous Improvement Manager
Location: Tczew, Poland
Coordinates assists and drive the implementation of the ELSS & CIF across the Plant. Determine best practices and develop plans for across group implementation using resources from the best practice facility and Operation Excellence if required. Develop the linkage between cost plans and ELSS initiatives in the facility. Drive the integration of the EBS across all sites and monitor the effectiveness through the CIC process.
• Manages the Continuous Improvement policies, practices and procedures at Plant level. This would include EBS implementation, process improvement plan and strategies, supporting productivity initiatives and other programs leading to significant improvements in Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and overall customer satisfaction
• Executes/monitor the metrics for the Continuous Improvement portion of the Strategic Business Plan, cost out and cultural change plans. Aligns improvement strategies to the Plant’s profit plan for delivery, cost, and quality improvement impact.
• Interfaces with corporate functional and other Plant’s Operational Excellence inside VG EMEA, along with participation in ELS, Six Sigma international groups/councils.
• Drives core Operational Excellence processes across the Plant: Eaton Business System, Lean, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement framework supporting Manufacturing strategy.
• Lead Continuous Improvement change to improve organizational effectiveness. Drives the change management necessary to implement effective programs.
• Manage Rapid Improvement Event Kaizen programs reporting out improvements to support CONC, Cost Out and Value added improvements in the campus.
• Actively participate as a member of the leadership team in Tczew in the deployment of the Eaton Business System (EBS) tools, including the Eaton Business Excellence Assessment process.
• Provide expertise in Quality Assurance and process improvement tools/methods to the other functions of the organization to support them in their continuous improvement activities.
• Design and implement ELSS training programs for key personnel in conjunction with other manager.
• Manages team of opex engineers
• TPC Coordinator
• Assure compliance with EHS regulations, IATF 16949 & ISO 14001
• Managing projects and active participation in projects processes.
• Implement other, not specified above, directions from supervisor indispensable for regular functioning of the department and company
• Knowledge and interpretation of the requirements of IATF 16949, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, MESH, VDA 6.1, EQMS, and specific customer requirements within the scope of responsibilities.
• Participations in audits e.g. 5S, ISO, IATF 16949, LPA, LOTO, observation of behaviors.
• Master’s Degree in Engineering, Technical or other related discipline
• Five years of experience, minimum in manufacturing
• A demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance and continuous improvement methods, approaches and tools, including strategic planning and project management
• Preferred Training: Lean Manufacturing, Eaton Business Excellence Criteria, Project Management, Quality Management System standards (i.e. ISO-9001, TS-16949, etc), Interpersonal Communications and Leadership Skills Development
• English fluently
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH CVT Commercial Vehicle Transmission
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time