Area Sales Manager North Germany (m/f/d)
- Responsibility for the sales area by product line targets in line with the budget.
- Responsibility as part of the German sales team for sales & profit plan.
- Coordinate and manage regional and global project pursuit with the other HAC regions.
- Manage the administration of the CRM, project and customer databases.
- Visit customers and key decision makers in line with the current global sales strategy.
- Identify new business development opportunities and potential new routes to market, developing a business development strategy relating to the sales objective.
- Visit and manage specific key accounts on a local basis, being aware of the business relationships that may exist with their external customers and the major projects in which they are a part.
- Plan regional and strategic actions in line with company specific agreed objectives.
- Discuss periodic sales reviews with the Regional Sales Manager and Sales Director (EMEA) and attend sales meetings on demand with the rest of the sales team in order to monitor progress, agree actions and specific objectives for the following quarter.
- Work within the company’s pricing policy at all times, liaising closely with the Internal sales Department to ensure that all special prices / deals are registered in the office.
- At least 5 years’ experience in sales, knowledge in the electrical whole sales environment.
- Fluent in both written and spoken German and English.
- Knowledge of the German market and the customers as well as the key issues affecting the markets. Demonstrable experience in working with these markets and understanding of the decision making process and the complex nature of the major projects.
- A plus to have experience with Engineering and Procurement Contractors and OEM’s and a proven track record in their activities from front end design to project execution will be a major part of this role.
- It is a plus to be technically competent within the hazardous area environment, understanding certification and legislation issues in and around that area.
- A high degree of cooperation and team work with other Eaton Divisions in the region will be essential. The candidate will therefore be required to demonstrate the ability to work closely both regionally and Internationally with other team members.
- A high degree of competence in use of tools for analysis of data for sales planning purposes.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: EPG CHD HAC Hazardous Area Communications
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time