Operations Manager - Africa
This position is responsible for overall leadership and management of the manufacturing plant and engineering function within the African business. The individual will be responsible for leading the Electrical Production teams in achieving their key performance indicators. In addition this position will be responsible for the management of the production engineering team and development of solution engineering capability in support of the Africa strategic growth initiatives. Key to the success of this position will be the ability to leverages resources and motivate team to create a high performance culture.
- Responsible for the overall performance and safety of the Eaton Electric SA production facility in Wadeville and the satellite operations.
- Development of a strategic business plan pertaining to the long-term future of the plant.
- Manages and directs production staff to ensure that OTP, customer satisfaction, cost out schedules, safety initiatives and other KPIs are met and exceeded.
- Management of the production engineering team. This is to include processes to improve throughput, customer satisfaction and modernization of the tools used.
- Development and improvement of the project management and solution design capabilities of the engineering function.
- Working with product management and sales to improve existing product performance and to help streamline the introduction of new products manufactured by the Africa organization.
- Provides for prudent investment into training and development, capital equipment and technology development to assure organizational, manufacturing, product and market leadership.
- Manage employee relationships through effective communication and management practices.
- Develop a top talent slate within the sphere of influence.
- Continue to develop the team into a customer focused organization.
- Management of the manufacturing P&L
- Coordinates and assists with corporate initiatives, participating on teams in order to drive best practices in line with Eaton Corporate guidelines
- Have the ability to drive organizational and cultural change.
- Have significant experience in working in a unionized environment and understanding of BBBEE requirements.
- Drive a deep understanding of Eaton Business System (EBS) in the organization.Represent the company in forums, panels and conferences being a trusted spokesperson for Eaton
- Min 10 years of operations, manufacturing or project engineering managerial experience.
- Graduate degree in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Masters degree in engineering or equivalent a plus
- Good commercial understanding of business
- Has successfully management of a team
- Strong understanding of project management, engineering and systems engineering
- Thorough knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes.
- Knowledge of financial concepts and techniques utilized to establish value propositions of operational changes.
- Ability to direct and lead cross-functional process improvement teams.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a unionized environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time