Manufacturing Manager –New Programs
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Manufacturing Manager – New Programs
Your key deliverables:
Responsible for operations activities and deliverables supporting new program and product development beginning with bid and proposal providing support on manufacturing costs, capital and make-buy
The role is responsible for covering the successful management of scope, cost, capital tooling/equipment, schedule, resources, subcontract management, risk management and performance management for assigned program(s) across Titchfield and South Molton utilizing PRE / PROLaunch tools and QBP
· Manages the plant activities related to new program development and ensures SCM, manufacturing and quality are meeting the requirements of the activity matrix on-time.
· Manages the PROLaunch activities to ensure SCM is planning and meeting material requirements in alignment with customer demand. Ensures that manufacturing has developed, and deployed processes, tooling, capital and resources required meeting product development and ramp up of customer demand. Ensures that quality is involved in the process and has reviewed the customer requirements and that all necessary requirements are considered prior to commencement of the manufacturing process. Coordinates expediting activity in the supply chain and the plant to meet customer requirements.
· Manages the PROLaunch activities to ensure SCM is in alignment with customer ASL’s, Eaton ASL’s and all other related quality requirements. Ensures manufacturing is producing product in alignment with customer special process requirements and that the plant is following approved processes. Ensure PPAP requirements are completed to meet both Eaton & customer expectations.
· Manages the transition from PROLaunch to normal production activity.
· Ensure routers, item masters and BOMs are correct and accurate. Ensure the plant is meeting required time standards for completion of these duties.
· Needs to ensure the plant is protected from potential obsolescence issues, understands small new programs and has an understanding of wins relative to competitor products.
· Partners with Product Engineering to facilitate procurement, manufacture and inspection of prototype requirements. Ensures the processes and suppliers used in prototype process are capable in the manufacturing environment.
· Early engagement at gate 2 ensuring products are being designed for manufacture in the most cost-effective way and the use of any advanced manufacturing methods are considered to drive cost out, reliability and repeatability of manufacturing processes.
· Drive discipline and adherence to the PROLaunch methodology
· Responsible for ensuring alignment and engagement between Engineering and Operations as well as across Titchfield and South Molton operations teams
BS in Engineering or related discipline (non-engineers who are technically conversant)
Customer Interface & Service Skills
10 years in aerospace industry; experience in other industries with development and manufacture of complex electro-mechanical considerations can be considered in lieu of aerospace
Training in PMI (Project Management Institute) methodology; PMP (Project Management Professional) certification desirable
Knowledge of contracts and federal laws
Knowledge of aerospace industry and Eaton products
Knowledge of corporate and project finance
Problem solving skills
Organization and planning skills
If yes then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers?
Competitive compensation and benefits package (/you can list the benefits here/)
Contract in fast growing global company
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
(Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening. – if applicable)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No