Fabrication Technician I - 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Fabrication Technician I- 2nd Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Greenwood, SC facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will run press brakes after the press brake has been set-up by a higher coded employee and/or assist higher coded employees while bending heavy or large parts on press brake.
- You will assist in gathering all items, welded and single pieces, by shop order and monitor their location through the weld and then deliver to proper work centers.
- You will work to established procedures, manufacturing information, drawings, blue prints, sketches, written or oral instructions from supervision or engineering.
- You will set and support heavy machinery, which may include weidamatics, optishear, band saws, coil machine and drill presses.
- You will collect all parts to be plated and assure that proper quantities are delivered
- You will regularly lifting up to 50 lbs; pulling, pushing loads that weigh up to 100 lbs.
- You will run single punch Whitney set up by others for holes not punched by hard tooling or drill fixture and operate punch press for production.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or G.E.D. from an accredited institution
- Must reside within a 50 mile radius from worksite (Greenwood, SC)
- Authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- Previous experience running manual presses, shear machines, bend, punch, cutoff, and iron worker machining centers.
- Previous experience using overhead cranes and fork lifts to move material.
- Ability to read and interpret sheet steel fabrication drawings
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No