Tool & Die Maker - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Division is currently seeking a Tool and Die Marker on 1st Shift. This position is based at our La Grange, NC. Facility.
The Tool and Die Maker will be responsible for maintaining all plant tooling which includes but not limited to molds, dies, jigs, and fixtures. Ensures all related standards with respect to cost, efficiency, personnel and health and safety are maintained.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention
and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright
professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us
- You will operate standard machine shop tools and CNC controlled machinery to make tools, jigs, fixtures, molds and machine parts to the blueprint specifications required.
- You will assist Engineering in the design of the items listed in item one.
- You will maintain existing and new blueprints.
- You will use an Optical Comparator, precision measuring instruments and other gauging and inspection tools.
- You will maintain a clean work area that meets 6S requirements.
- You will follow all safety procedures.
- You will assist Molding Department with mold processing when applicable.
- You will move molds with forklift, crane, and other mechanical devices.
- You will follow environmental
regulations and waste disposal procedures.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with Tool and Die equipment OR a year of experience with tool and die equipment AND Tool and Die certificate completed from an accredited institution.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis.
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of La Grange, NC to be considered.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Experience operating standard machine shop tools and CNC controlled machinery to make tools, jigs, fixtures, molds and machine parts to the blueprint specifications.
- Working knowledge of the Rockwell Hardness tester on ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
- Proper knowledge of heat treating all tool steels and their characteristics for their proper use
- Must be able to read blueprints.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No