Lead Analyst - Commercial Finance
Eaton’s Fuel Motion Control Systems Division within the Aerospace Group is seeking a Lead Analyst - Commercial Finance. The Lead Analyst - Commercial Finance will be based at our Grand Rapids, MI or Euclid, OH facility.
The Commercial Analyst position drives new development program execution by providing critical support to the program management and engineering organizations as well as other commercial related, front-end initiatives..
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will calculate, report, and interpret financial performance by program, support engineering and program management/IPT in interpreting key financial information, identifying risks and implementing corrective actions.
- You will develop and implement program finance and program management processes to ensure control, compliance, and improved program execution as well as work closely with peers across sites to drive consistency and continuous improvement.
- You will routinely compile EAC (Estimate At Complete) calculations of strategic programs, based on actual performance and schedule costs, to monitor profitability and ensure accurate accounting while maintaining responsibility for balance sheet accounts and reconciliations pertaining to these key programs.
- You will maintain life of program cash-flow models measuring performance from bid and baseline targets as well as summarizing complex financial output into succinct management information.
- You will be integral to the monthly closing & rolling forecast processes through providing high quality, timely, and accurate information for the site management team and supporting functions related to sales and program spend.
- You will support proposal management and execution - acts as a key member of the bid team, reviewing all financial inputs and building long term discounted cash flow models.
will prepare annual profit plans and monthly rolling forecasts for all major
programs based on resource loaded schedules and anticipated non-labor costs
while promoting financial awareness
through formal training and regular communications with non-finance managers
and team members.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 3 years Accounting or finance experience is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Economics from an accredited institution
- CPA/CMA/MBA or progress towards the completion of these is preferred.
- Knowledge of Corporate, region/division and plant reporting policies
- Technical capability to prepare, review and interpret financial and operational data/reports.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities often with demanding time constraints.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to motivate and help direct the organization; exhibits managerial courage in handling conflict.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to achieve clear alignment between plant and region/division.
- Ability to work extended hours as required
- Position requires up to 15% travel
- Sound working knowledge of GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and local statutory requirements.
- Vast investigative and thinking skills; Intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time