Electronics Engineering Manager
- You will obtain and maintain product certification
- You will be responsible to coordinate and supervise the Engineering team (Engineers, designers and technicians).
- You will plan, oversee and coordinate actions to support NPD/ProLaunch processes to assure attainment of division goals.
- You will follow up continuous improvement activities within Engineering.
- You will plan, develop and implement goals for: Safety, Health and Environmental Impact Improvement, Customer Orientation, Excelling quality, Outstanding profitability, Cost-out
- You will develop strategies for optimization of the production layouts
- You will prepare and review capital appropriations request for all projects, and audit payback results.
- You will lead Cost –Out initiatives for the division and guide efforts to drive a culture for Innovation and develop roadmaps focused around IoT projects
- You will provide oversight of the labs to assure safety and product certification.
- You will provide support to customers and Marketing based on business needs.
- You will coordinate cross-functional activities to identify and adopt best practices in facility as well as work with engineering team from other sites.
- You will utilize innovation events to drive new technologies, cost reductions and improve existing product performance
- You will maintain and promote internal and external customer focus for all employees. Improve engineering performance through the utilization, training, and deployment of Eaton Business System tools.
- Bachelor degree or higher in electrical, electronics, electromechanical, computer engineering or computer science from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a supervisor and/or manager of an electrical/electronic engineering team/group.
- Minimum of 3 years engineering design experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Experienced in the development of IoT products/tools.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Project Management Knowledge.
- You have prior experience with embedded systems - ARM, DSP etc.
- Experience in analog and digital circuit design
- Hands on experience with any public cloud including Microsoft Azure, Amazon or other relevant IoT cloud
- Experience working with IOS, SDK and API’s.
- Experience working with Cloud and Analytics teams to define APIs for how IOT systems communicate to our other services.
- PC knowledge: CAD tools, PADs or other PCB Design tools, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Competencies: Thinks and Acts Strategically, Gets Results, Builds Organizational Capability, Demonstrates Leadership Style.
- Competencies: Gets Results through Self & Others, Demonstrates our Leadership Style, Build Organizational Capability, Thinks & Acts Strategically
- Computer knowledge: MS Office, Familiarity with CAD tools – PROE, SolidWorks, AutoCAD or equivalent (and drawing interpretation skills), AS400
- Knowledge of SPC (Statistical Process Control), Lean, 6 Sigma.
- Strong computer science fundamentals including algorithms and data structures.
- Contribute to the design and development of the IoT platforms across a variety of chip architectures.
- Have a strong understanding over network programming and interfacing with Cloud and web services.
- Have demonstrated experience in several web frameworks, languages. Knowledge on the following: Linux, Networking, and C
- Think of innovative ways to reduce memory, CPU, and network usage on these Internet connected sensors
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time