Senior Manager, Master Data Management
The Senior Manager, Master Data Management is responsible for providing leadership and oversight of data management activities to ensure accuracy and consistency of multiple databases for subsequent analysis, reporting, and modeling. This position has a leadership role to proactively develop plans for the utilization of Eaton's systems and processes and other third party data applications that allow for internal consumption across multiple systems, including data engineering related activities ensuring proper execution and alignment with the business’s overall vision. This position has direct supervisory responsibilities and is required to have a deep understanding and experience of data architectures, information systems deployment and storage techniques and information management and analysis tools.
• Assist in the development and implementation of Eaton's strategic vision around product, customer, and transactional data management, integration across different systems, database maintenance and administration.
• Lead the development of a comprehensive approach to coordination, harmonization and oversight of data management activities across businesses and functions.
• Develop the data roadmap using the most appropriate technologies and manage and expand in-house data teams to support growth.
• Operate as a thought leader and visionary, with the ability to guide, influence and inspire peak performance across the data architecture and analytics functions.
• Management, leadership and oversight of the data management team.
• Contribute to the development of Enterprise MDM strategy and roadmaps, leading to increased MDM maturity
• Work closely with Enterprise IT and business functions to prepare and ensure proper execution of plans and manage projects from beginning to end.
• Analysis and resolution of complex data relationship and data cleansing scenarios across various consuming systems, including governing the alignment across repositories of key data (one source of truth).
• Participate in cross functional team meetings as requested and communicate with all departments regarding project statuses/issues, provide ongoing feedback on data management workflows to increase efficiency and provide feedback.
• Understand Eaton's organization and business and partner with other teams (data science, IT, product, sales, operations) to create solutions for specific implementations.
• Analysis of business processes and identify opportunities for continuous process improvements
• Refinement/Development and implementation of business processes, both within the data management organization as well as across multiple functions within the organizations, focusing on increasing data quality, process efficiency and stakeholder satisfaction
Required: Authorization to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems (MIS), IT, or related field. Master Degree preferred.
• 10 plus years previous experience in a data management role and/or related field
• 5 years experience as an organizational and people leader.
• Previous work experience should include projects which have built and delivered high impact, secure and efficient data acquisition, processing and management systems.
• Ability to understand complex data models and business processes relating to master data domains such as Customer, Customer Relationship, and Product
• Experience with master data management, transactional data, data governance, and stewardship is highly desired
• Understanding of typical software development lifecycles (waterfall and agile) and their associated lifecycle artifacts.
• Experience with relational database management systems such as SQL Server, Oracle, Cognos, Demantra, etc. along with hands on experience with SQL.
• Experience with Hadoop and NOSQL databases.
• AWS and/or Microsoft Azure experience.
• Experience with commercial analytics tools (e.g. Oracle, Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI)
• Experience with identifying and correcting for problems in imperfect data and processes.
• Experience with data conversions, interfaces/integrations, reporting, and customizations.
• Results focused – ability to lead and work with cross functional teams to complete complex projects and initiatives on time with high quality results
• Demonstrated ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatically approach problem solving, and manage execution
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across teams, functions and org. structures to define and deliver on the agreed upon solutions
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time