Electrical Tester II - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Division is currently seeking an Electrical Tester II on 1st Shift. This position is based at our Raleigh, NC facility.
The Electrical Tester will be responsible for ensuring functional quality of manufactured products in accordance with established test and assembly procedures, workmanship standards, and ISO 9001:2015 and EQMS. The incumbent will perform test, measurements, failure analysis and rework on electronic components and new or returned products.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will document failures on products returned on RMA and respond to Corrective Action Requests (CARs)
- You will assist plant in meeting On-Time-Delivery and product quality targets
- You will make pass/fail decisions for production or experimental tests
- You will collect and report production non-conformances
- You will train and educate associates in ESD protection and provide leadership-by-example
- You will perform and record scheduled equipment checks
- You will maintain test racks, cords, cables and fixtures in reliable operating condition in compliance with ISO 9000:2015 standards
- You will adhere to all environmental, health, safety policies, procedures, and work instructions
- You will support Eaton’s continuous improvement objectives through active participation and teamwork.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Associate degree in Electronics or Electrical Technology from an accredited institution
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in electronics test and engineering activities of electromechanical devices
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis.
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 60 miles of Raleigh, NC to be considered.
- Knowledge of electrical theory, principles and methodology applicable to electronic and electromechanical controls and assemblies
- Trained in the proper use of instrumentation including power supplies, multimeters, oscilloscopes, function generators, temperature meters, LabView or similar
- Working knowledge of electronic circuitry and components
- Understanding of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing concepts a plus
- Ability to use standard computer applications: Excel & Word required
- Ability to use good judgment and problem solving skills to make acceptance decisions
- Ability to read and interpret product drawings, manufacturing documents, wiring diagrams, schematics and quality specifications
- Demonstrates a strong customer service attitude
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Basic Understanding of statistics
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No