Product Line Technology Lead, Motors & Electronics
Eaton’s Fuel and Motion Control Systems division is currently seeking a Product Line Technology Lead - Motors & Electronics to join our team. This position is based at our Grand Rapids, MI facility.
The Product Line Technology Lead – Motors & Electronics is responsible for short and long-range planning, ownership, and execution of technical engineering assignments of considerable responsibility and complexity that are aligned with the business objectives. In this role, you will generate intellectual property by providing technical solutions that will meet customer critical to quality (CTQs) and ensure Eaton has a competitive advantage and robust commercial and technical solution.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will serve as a technical lead for an engineering team, responsible for delivering high quality technical output on time, providing technical advice and guidance to this team; creating opportunities for growth and development, and develop culture and grow employee satisfaction, product expertise, etc.
- You will develop resources and capabilities at the Eaton India Engineering Center and Eaton India Innovation Center to support the division strategies and initiatives
- You will participate in the strategic planning process for the division; create and maintain strategic product and technology roadmaps and lead innovations processes supporting those plans.
- You will prepare engineering proposals for new or changed scope research and technology projects by compiling, preparing and providing technical data
- You will support the sales and marketing teams as a technical expert for customer visits and discussions for early customer engagement and better understanding of the customer wants and needs. Implement voice of the customer and voice of the market into technology roadmaps and product/technology development plans
- You will lead internal Gate Reviews for research and technology and Core product development projects. Presents research and technology project status and pivot recommendations as appropriate to Eaton and Customer Senior Leadership
- You will develop and manage requirement specification for motor and controller architecture and design to meet mechanical group, electrical group and customer requirements for electro-mechanical actuation sub-systems product lines.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience within electrical and/or aerospace engineering
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Electrical or Electronic Engineering Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of Design and Testing of BLDC, Brushed and AC Induction motors and variants.
- Demonstrated ability to execute on a plan to develop a technology from concept (TRL2) to demonstration hardware (TRL5/6)
- Experience in embedded software development
- Experience with electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and/or mechanical system design
- Prior experience with system and component verification
- Experience with electronic architecture development
- Knowledge of motion control system engineering and modeling techniques
- Prior experience with requirement development for systems and sub-systems
- Experience in power electronics design for motor drives
- Motor knowledge for brushless DC, Switched Reluctance, brushed applications, AC induction
- Experience with power conversion (Active PFC topologies and design, Harmonic filtering techniques)
- Detailed knowledge of military and commercial aerospace test standards including DO-160 and MIL-STD-810
- Ability to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interface with senior management, customers, suppliers, and team members on a regular basis
- Ability to work across site boundaries in a global virtual engineering organization
- Ability to identify network divisional resources
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with functions and organizations outside of engineering
- Ability to develop working relationships with the Aerospace engineering community
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time