Metering Team Lead- 1st Shift
- Drives improvements in Safety, People, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Inventory (SQDCI).
- Assure dispatch lists are distributed to work centers daily, and that the appropriate equipment and tools are provided, adequately maintained and safely operated.
- Manages Sieve board process for Enclosures/Metering and reviews action items to close gaps.
- Regular coordination with Planning group on capacity, and production issues
- Work closely with Group Leaders and production support staff to resolve issues and follow-up on preventative and corrective actions.
- Assist employees within the team with technical or process issues such as inventory discrepancies, information, drawings, and procedures.
- Conduct trainings sessions covering specific areas such as on the job training, refresher training, etc.
Minimum of three years’ experience in a manufacturing or production environment
High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Sherman, TX will be considered
- Associate’s Degree
- Experience with SAP in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in lean manufacturing.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Enclosures/Metering product line.
- Able to stand on feet continuously during shift and able to lift 30 lbs without assistance.
- Able to use/ wear all required PPE for assigned work areas.
- Confer with management, supervisors and employees to gain knowledge of work situation requiring additional training to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations and business initiatives.
- Manage (2) continuous improvement projects at all times.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical data, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively in interpersonal situations and before groups of employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal format.
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement.
- Strong organizational, presentation, facilitation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment and specialty tools within the Value Stream.
- Able to work safely and achieve results with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work flexible/ extended hours including nights and weekends.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Does this position offer relocation?: No