Additive Manufacturing Co-op
Eaton’s Southfield, MI location has an immediate opening for an Additive Manufacturing Center of Excellence (AM CoE) Co-op. Launched in 2016, the CoE is equipped with state-of-the art 3D printing and post processing equipment to produce both polymer and metal parts. The center received AS9100 Rev D quality certification, and is continuing to scale up to be a low rate initial production facility supplying 3D printed products for Aerospace and other applications.
Eaton is looking for a versatile co-op to support the day to day operations of the AM CoE for at least 20 hours per week. The position requires a customer-focused attitude with a sense of urgency and attention to detail when handling processes and machine related issues. The candidate is expected to perform in a dynamic, safe, collaborative environment with cross functional teams, researchers, engineers and customers across Eaton. The candidate reports to the Additive Manufacturing CoE Operations Lead. As an integral member of the core team of the CoE, the role will have the unique opportunity to shape the future of Eaton’s efforts in Additive Manufacturing.
- Operate the 3D printing equipment including the preparation, monitoring, and recovery of materials and printed parts
- Conduct benching operations including cleaning, removal of support structures, and the post-processing of printed parts
- Conduct detailed inspection of the parts as directed by the Quality Lead
- Perform routine machine maintenance, cleaning, and calibration of the equipment.
- Create and manage process & quality documentation as required by the Quality Management System
- Demonstrate commitment to quality, continuous improvement, and safety in the workplace
- Other duties as assigned.
- Actively enrolled in an associate’s or bachelor’s degree program from an accredited institution enrolled in a Mechanical, Manufacturing Technology, Materials or Metallurgy Engineering program
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Must have a 3.0 or above (please do not round)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Relocation is not being offered for this position. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of Southfield, MI to be considered.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- One year hands-on experience with metal 3D printing equipment
- Minimum of 1 year of hands-on experience in one or more of the following process technologies: Metal 3D printing, polymer 3D printing, 3D scanning, CNC machining, hand benching, wire EDM, quality inspection techniques
- Minimum of 1 year experience with CAD tools
- Proficient in interpreting blue prints; understands (GD&T) geometric dimensions and tolerance for defining engineering tolerances
- Proficient with the use of precision measuring equipment including but not limited to calipers, micrometers, depth gauges, and indicators
- Excellent communication skills, as is proficiency with Windows and MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Complies with all company safety policies and procedures, and attends all safety trainings related to the job. Keeps work area in accordance with 5S and Safety standards.
- Currently enrolled in a Technical degree program in manufacturing technology, mechanical engineering or related
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No