Finance and Accounting Co-op
Eaton located in Eden Prairie, MN has a position opening for Finance and Accounting Co-op in Hydraulics Group.
We make what matters work.
At Eaton, we believe that power, whether it’s electrical, hydraulic or mechanical power -- is a fundamental part of people’s lives. Technology, transportation, energy and infrastructure—these are things the world relies on every day. That’s why we are dedicated to helping our customers across the world find new ways to manage power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. And we’re committed to improving people’s lives, the communities where we live and work, and the planet our future generations will depend on. Because that’s what really matters–and we’re here to make sure it works.
While our vision is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services, our culture and what we value can be represented in six essential leadership attributes expected of all Eaton employees.
- We’re ethical -- we play by the rules and act with integrity.
- We’re passionate -- we care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
- We’re accountable -- we seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
- We’re efficient -- we value speed and simplicity.
- We’re transparent -- we say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
- We learn – we are curious, adaptable, and willing to teach what we know
We are seeking a Finance and Accounting Co-op to work collaboratively with business resources in multiple functions and multiple levels of the organization, supporting monthly reporting, analysis, and forecasting cycles, as well as general accounting requirements. This role provides an excellent learning opportunity with a broad geographic and business scope and visibility to leadership.
In this role, you are expected to:
Provide ownership of critical elements of the closing, mid-month reporting, forecasting, and annual Profit Planning processes.
Analyze operational and financial data, investigate variances, identify business drivers, and evaluate their impact on planned objectives. Document meaningful variance analysis commentary for management.
Engage in internal control initiatives and monthly internal control performance tracking, to ensure compliance to US GAAP across Hydraulics Americas
Lead or support finance functional initiatives and special projects
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting from an accredited institution.
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.8 or higher (Career or in-major GPA will not be considered).
- Minimum of one year of collegiate courses completed or equivalent by the start of the internship.
- Ability to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Must reside within 50 miles of Eden Prairie, MN.
- Prior internship or co-op experience
- Superior analytical and thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability
- Strong written communication and oral communication skills required, must be able to gauge the needs of a variety of internal customers and adapt delivery style or level of detail as appropriate
- Highly motivated, works with a sense of urgency, driven to add value and deliver results
- Results-oriented, dependable, and personally accountable for work quality and timeliness
- Focused, excellent organization, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Attentive to detail, personally committed to work quality and able to learn from mistakes
- Strong interpersonal skills and organization savvy required: teaming, collaborating, coaching, challenging assumptions and giving corrective feedback with tact and respect, sharing knowledge
- Ability to work independently and with a team; to communicate articulately, confidently, and professionally across many organizational levels; and effectively build rapport with stakeholders
- Ethical; operates with high regard to integrity and trust
- Change agent; demonstrated ability to improve processes and eliminate waste; Six Sigma or Lean experience desired
- Business acumen and strategic thinking skills
- Customer focus (internal and external customers)
- Intermediate to expert level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Systems skills/experience desired: Oracle Financials, MfgPro ERP, Longview Solutions Khalix, Cognos
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time