Production Supervisor 12 Hr. Night Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Distribution Division is currently seeking a Production Supervisor (12 HR Night Shift) to join our team. This position is based at our La Grange, NC facility.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for direct departmental activities and initiate/participate in cross-functional activities to accomplish the objectives of safety, quality, on time delivery, inventory, productivity and continuous improvement; with focus on removing cost from the business.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage department operations and prioritize production requirements.
- You will facilitate shift activity among other department supervisors
- You will review daily in-process inventory reports to determine and assign machining priorities.
- You will assign daily work schedules for direct and indirect labor - employees.
- You will monitor and provide coaching follow-up for employee performance regarding safety, quality and productivity.
- You will monitor machinery, equipment and facility and initiate maintenance work orders, as required, to ensure efficient, effective and safe working conditions.
- You will coordinate and maintain associate clerical files regarding attendance, overtime equalization, vacation, training and time-off requests.
- You will manage department expense budgets.
- You will conduct daily department meetings with employee and team leads regarding communications, department and plant concerns, and policy interpretation.
will provide training resources within the department for training new
You will initiate and coordinate the job bidding process and determine eligibility of employees.
- You will evaluate and manage personnel requirements to support the needs of the business and optimize cost.
- You will create and maintain working relationships with employees initiating employee engagement.
- You will initiate, and coordinate assistance as required from support departments
- You will interpret and consistently apply all company safety policies and procedures.
- You will lead cross functional improvement teams to improve processes and meet plant objectives.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Manufacturing Environment.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory/leadership experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of 50 miles will be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business Administration from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory/leadership experience.
- Experience with lean transformation.
- Prior experience with production planning/scheduling.
- Experience with SAP.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including data analysis tools.
- Proven track record of success in prior positions.
- Broad technical knowledge in the areas of manufacturing processes, quality assurance, plant engineering, production/materials planning, SPC, problem solving methods, root cause analysis and systems applications.
- Managerial skills, the ability to train and motivate a group of employees towards a common goal, must have team building as the goal.
communication skills required for interaction with all levels of plant
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No