Eaton’s Vehicle Group is currently seeking a Senior Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Marshall, MI facility.
The Senior Engineer is responsible for directing project activities through application of proficient technical knowledge and leadership competencies. In this role, the span of project responsibilities include initial gathering of the voice of the customer performance requirements, product definition, product design, product development, manufacturing support and product launch. Also responsible for direct interface with customers, suppliers and Eaton facilities globally.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide project leadership, mentoring, and training for new or junior-level employees on design and development processes, software, procedures, specifications, etc. Reviews and reports on engineering metrics and/or test results through engineering reports and written correspondence to ensure timely and effective communication with supervisors and peers.
- You will stay informed of state-of-the-art technology, designs and develops new products and processes and improves existing products and processes. Supports the implementation of design changes to improve quality, performance, cost reduction, and standardization through analysis of designs and problem solving techniques. Directly interacts with the customer to communicate the project status and adjust based on customer feedback
- You will understand design, development, and failure analysis through the use of DFMEA, customer returns, or specific development projects. Applies fundamental engineering practices and decision making for problem solving. Available to travel to the customer within-the-hour should the need arise whether related to an Eaton product or to aid in the troubleshooting process for the related system. Has practical experience with change management processes including CO, CR, and MCO
- You will provide guidance to engineering personnel throughout the division in a specific field of technology and makes presentations to internal and external customers on programs or products as required. Provides technical expertise that may include supporting field failure analysis, developing recommended corrective actions, and providing necessary reports as well as training in areas of expertise. Has experience with change management, Supply chain processes
- You will actively pursue knowledge in the process for design changes to improve quality, performance, cost reduction, and standardization through analysis of designs and problem solving techniques. Suggests alternative methodologies or techniques to achieving desired results
- You will understand the engineering methodologies within the division as well as other departments and their relationship to engineering. Participates in providing the creation, implementation and administration of departmental policies, procedures, and work instructions in order to build and promote a team environment for product introduction, development and support activities
- You will conceive and write patent disclosures to substantiate patent applications and accumulates the necessary documentation. Protects Eaton Intellectual Property (IP)
- You will comply with requirements of the Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 2 years of engineering experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Large-scale cross functional project team management experience (preferred)
- 4+ years of application or product design engineering experience (preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in torque control products
- Experience working with international locations and customers
- Ferrous materials knowledge, including selection, processing and part design
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence and impact others’ decision making
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make decisions
- Ability to manage multiple programs, set priorities and achieve results
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time