Eaton’s Omaha Power Center has an immediate opening for an Electrical Tester on 1st Shift. This position is based at our Omaha, NE facility.
This position performs production testing on finished product assemblies (medium voltage electrical Switchgear) per national standards, contract specifications, and company procedures.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will safely perform all test on Switchgear products
- You will maintain accurate quality records to identify trends for corrective measures
- You will understand and able to complete all documentation pertaining to the job: test design, material transfer, punch list
- You will perform functional and operational tests to ensure wiring and assembly of the finished product matches the drawings and project specifications.
- You will perform routine quality inspections on Switchgear during the assembly process.
- You will determine conditions under which tests are to be conducted and sequences the phases of test operations in accordance with national technical standards, customer specifications, and company standards.
- You will conduct testing of manufactured products and provides field installation, equipment modifications, and start up services as required.
- Confers with engineering and technical personnel to resolve testing problems such as product or system malfunctions, incomplete test data and data interpretation.
- You will use computer software and hardware to conduct tests on electrical products and systems.
- You may travel to customer sites for trouble shooting and repair (<10%).
- Able to flex working hours to accommodate production requirements. May include some evening and weekend work.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Associates Degree in an electrical field from an accredited institution OR minimum of 2 years’ experience testing or troubleshooting electrical equipment with a high school diploma /GED from an accredited institution.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a continual, permanent basis without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 60 miles of Omaha, NE will be considered for this position.
- Experience working in the utility market or data center market
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience testing electrical equipment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time