Tool & Die Maker- 2nd Shift
Eaton in Ellisville, MO is seeking a full-time Tool & Die Maker to work 2nd shift.
Primary Function: Support production by ensuring dies are sharpened and repaired in a timely manner to produce quality parts.
- Perform all duties required to plan, layout, construct, alter, repair 75% of in-house tooling including molds, progressive, and compound dies with no guidance and drives the department PM program
- Possesses a strong understanding of how dies work and strong die troubleshooting skills
- Work from sketches, prints, die design layouts, piece part drawings or actual parts using reverse methods of tool making
- Work with manual machines such as lathes, mills. Grinders, etc.
- Follow instructions and plan accordingly to use most efficient procedures and methods to accurately machine parts with no guidance
- Set up and operate most Tool Room equipment to a high degree of accuracy and extremely close tolerances
- Work closely with pressroom die setters to:
- Understand the process of die setting and how it influences die performance
- Suggest changes in setup and coach die setters on best practices when setting up a tool
- Inform die setters on any shut height or other important die changes
- Capable of making major die set up changes in press and perform set up if needed
- Will need to work with minimal guidance or supervision. Must be able to teach and guide apprentices in the machine shop
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 10 years journeyman level Toolmaker experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Ellisville, MO will be considered
- Possess strong Math skills and possess excellent mechanical aptitude
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited technical institution
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No