- Manages payroll payment process to ensure timely and accurate delivery pay statements per year to +15,000 (2689 salary, 12431 salary) employees with payments with multiple payment cycles (weekly, bi-weekly, year-end bonus, etc.). Monitors / develops processes to ensure the payments are made compliantly meeting all internal control requirements and federal, state and/or local legislative requirements.
- Manages, motivates, develops and appraises the performance of a team of 18 employee process professionals by mentoring, coaching and providing opportunities to enhance current skill sets to grow in a dynamic changing environment.
- Analyzes payroll problems/issues, and implement action plans to resolve the issue and drive improvements.
- Manages key operational performance metrics to achieve defined targets. This includes analyzing trends, providing analysis, and implementing action plans to drive improvements.
- Assesses the impact of key issues by coordinating resources (including cross functional) to resolve critical issues
- Partners with IT and payroll system supplier teams to ensure payroll application function as expected on a daily basis as well as coordinate production enhancements and production support / testing as needed to maintain production levels and compliance.
- Communicates at all levels of the organization by maintaining excellent working relationships with customers, senior management and 3rd party vendors with clear and effective results.
- Provides payroll functional support and SME to GFSS and corporate project teams in support of company initiatives (i.e., acquisition integrations)
- Keeps current with key business changes, including regulatory, process/technical by attending seminars and subscribing / reading/sharing findings from various payroll publications
- Drive year end process to generate tax documents for all employees in Mexico
- Prior supervisory / management experience
- Full knowledge of Payroll Statutory Requirements
- Customer Service oriented
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks/priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft products
- Experience with Oracle (preferred)
- Understanding of the payroll process flow and the effect on downstream processes such as tax reporting/payments, general ledger, 3rd party vendor updates, and the employee
- Responsible for production year end / year begin process (timing / execution of events are critical)
- Coordination / communication with sites and vendors
- Responsible for year-end production of tax documents
- Coordination / communication with 3rd party vendors (project / testing / printing)
- Balancing / Required payroll jobs to balance and generate files for printing
- Functional lead for projects that impact production (i.e., standardization, regulatory, pay statements, functional upgrades, etc.)
- Provide support / guidance to sites for problems they encounter relative to transmit issues, corrections of erroneous data files/payments, general guidance, etc.
- Establishing / coordinating resources with sites to establish set up of time file transmissions with newly acquired sites and/or upgrading existing division’s time files/systems.
- Demonstrated leadership, collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks at one time
- Functional and technical knowledge of payroll system including ability to write adhoc reports utilizing EZ-Trieve (comparable to SQL adhoc queries), and ability to download / create files and reports from mainframe files into text or excel formats (preferred)
- Experience in payroll systems: INFOR, Oracle or SAP a plus
- Previous supervisory/management experience in a team environment with responsibilities for at least 5 direct reports
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time