Welder 1st Shift
- You will perform and set up moderate to complex MIG/TIG and Heli-arc welding operations.
- You will check completed parts to ensure compliance to Worcester Plant Quality standards and makes necessary adjustments when required in order to meet quality goals.
- You will adhere to all environmental, health, safety rules and regulations, and work instructions.
- You will maintain equipment and perform housekeeping duties as necessary using the principles of 5S.
- You will assist team in achieving plant and department goals.
- You will assist with on-the-job training and continuous improvement
- You will foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 1 year of MIG welding experience OR graduate of a vocational program with a certificate in welding.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 mile radius) will be considered.
- Three years’ experience welding in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Must be able to lift parts up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to Mig, Tig and Heli-arc Weld.
- Ability to Setup Mig, Tig, Heli-arc and Resistance weld.
- Ability to use measuring tape, and variable gauges, such as calipers.
- Ability to read and understand formal, informal drawings, and/or engineering drawings.
- Ability to make prototype parts from rough sketches, selecting tooling etc.
- Working knowledge of the mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility.
- Knowledge of basic shop math and welding symbols.
- Ability to read and follow standard work.
- Ability to change tooling/tooling parameters.
- Ability to use good judgment and problem solving skills to make informed choices.
- Must be able to communicate effectively across all levels.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD WL WrightLine
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No