Eaton’s B-Line Division is currently seeking a Production Planner to join our team.
This position is based at our Pinckneyville, IL facility.
The Production Planner has responsibility for developing and issuing executable production schedules for assigned work centers while maximizing facility revenue and optimizing available resources in order to meet or exceed customer service levels. This includes verification of available capacity and material. This position will set appropriate stocking levels based on demand and forecast. The Production Planner is responsible for reviewing MRP signals in SAP and all planning data to optimize and simplify the planning process while maximizing available resources. The Production Planner coordinates daily with Production Supervisors of the assigned work centers to validate or modify the production schedule and to resolve issues affecting schedule adherence and customer service level performance. The Production Planner is also the primary point of contact for all customer service inquiries / issues and is responsible for providing accurate / timely lead time estimates and order status information. .
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be responsible for the planning and procurement of all material components required to complete the job.
- You will ensure that sufficient material is available to support production, while not procuring excessive inventory that will be prone to obsolescence.
- You will work directly with vendors on scheduling of outside processing.
- You will attend production meetings to ensure that the production plan and customer requests are fulfilled.
- You will manage inventory to achieve monthly plant financial targets and satisfy customer demand.
- You will assign delivery dates based on customer requirements and process time, available capacities, and availability of raw material.
- You will print drawings and create job packets from SAP output for use by the floor as required.
- You will ensure job packets are handled and released to the floor according to standard and policy.
- You will review MO closure reports to keep accurate records.
- You will maintain all planning material master data in SAP, including lot sizes, safety stocks, material replenishments types, lead times in accordance with policy and procedure.
- You will assist in annual physical inventory and cycle counting processes and activities.
- You will evaluate results of physical inventories and update all records and schedules affected.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- 1+ years of experience in a Supply Chain Role.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Must live within 50 miles of Pinckneyville, Illinois.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Master’s Degree.
- Experience with continuous improvement within an organization.
- 1+ years of SAP experience.
- 1+ years of production planning experience.
- Supply Chain Certifications (APICS preferred)
Position Success Criteria:
- Experience in both individual and team-based project planning and leadership.
- High level of ability to communicate clearly, both written and verbal.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule as necessary to meet project requirements.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team of individuals in a multi-tasking environment.
- Team oriented problem solving skills and corrective action methodology. Strong knowledge and understanding of engineering principle and practices.
- Subject matter expertise on all areas of facilities and mechanical engineering disciplines.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time