Accounting & Finance Intern
Eaton’s Vehicle Group North America division is currently seeking an Accounting & Finance intern to join our team. This position is based at our Kearney, Nebraska facility.
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist the Kearney location in the maintenance of the accounting system that assures that financial records are complete, accurate, and in compliance with company policy. The position assists in SOX compliance efforts, the annual physical inventory process, and meeting all Financial Reporting requirements and deadlines.
Participates in ensuring site is compliant with all SOX requirements.
Assists in month-end closing and forecasting activities with ad-hoc analysis, recording of journal entries, and financial reporting.
Prepares monthly results package and reports.
Prepares and analyzes month-end department budgets.
Prepares monthly account reconciliations.
Assists with Kearney Plant Physical Inventory.
Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Assists in financial reporting and analysis for plant ledger
Record any measurable statistics which your position impacts such as production expenses, maintenance expenses, sales volumes, payroll costs, capital expenditures, research budgets, cost of purchases, value of inventories controlled, employees supervised (direct and indirect).
- Must be actively enrolled and pursuing a B.S. degree in finance or accounting
- Must be within 2 years of completion of degree
- Must be eligible to work in the United States on a continual basis without company sponsorship
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Must have knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong communication skills
- This position is local and is intended to provide opportunity for University of Nebraska at Kearney students or students of other university from the local area to gain on- the-job applicable experience in their degree.
- Requires the use of detailed planning and scheduling techniques to meet various deadlines.
- Analysis and investigation is required to reconcile activities to general ledger.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No