Eaton’s Power Delivery Division is currently seeking a Controls Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Waukesha, Wisconsin facility.
The Controls Engineer is responsible for supporting plant leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining manufacturing automation and test systems. In this role, you will lead continuous improvement /cost out initiatives across the organization and executing the organization’s strategic plan consistent with federal, state, and local regulations, established industry standards, and customer requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will lead troubleshooting activities on malfunctioning production machinery, equipment and software. Must be capable of effectively solving problems in the manufacturing environment while abiding by all applicable safety regulations and policies.
- You will analyze legacy applications and make recommendations for how to upgrade or replace the hardware and/or software in order to ensure long term sustainability.
- You will perform upgrades to legacy software in order to support new hardware, changes in third party software or Eaton mandated software changes.
- You will work with manufacturing engineers to develop and evaluate capital appropriation requests (CAR's) for new products, processes, programs and initiatives.
- You will coordinate with local engineering resources and outside vendors to develop functional specifications for new manufacturing machinery and software purchases.
- You will lead the commissioning of new manufacturing machinery and software including installation, debugging, validation testing and communication of changes.
- You will need to have strong interpersonal skills and communicate effectively with other functional areas including: Quality Assurance, Design Engineering, Purchasing and Inventory Control and Production Scheduling.
- You will lead cross functional root cause and failure analysis teams. Applies critical thinking, problem solving, and teamwork skills to resolve issues and prevent them from reoccurring.
- Plays an active role in assessment processes within the manufacturing environment. May act as a category lead or champion during an assessment process.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of manufacturing experience is required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to design and deploy AB and Siemens based PLC control systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot AB and Siemens based PLC control systems.
- Proficiency in various PLC hardware and software – RSLogix5, 500 &5000, Siemens Step 7, Allen-Bradley HMI systems, Siemens Step 7
- Ability to design and deploy new software applications based in VB.Net and C#.
- Ability to trouble shoot legacy software programs based in VB6.
- Proficiency in various programing languages - VB6, VB.Net, C#, SQL, Ladder Logic
- Proficiency in various software applications - MS Office, MS Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, AutoCAD, Factory Talk, SAP
- Experience with National Instruments LabView and PC based I\O systems.
- Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality processes (i.e., ISO9001, etc).
- Proficiency in reading, marking up and updating blue prints, wiring diagrams and electrical schematics and one line drawings.
- Experience with Eaton and other brands of variable speed drives.
- Thorough understanding of production environments (low-volume/high mix and high volume/low mix) including safety/guarding requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques – i.e. value stream mapping, one piece flow, 5S, etc. Ability to grasp modern technology.
- Thorough understanding of problem solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective action(s) - i.e. thought maps, 8D, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, control charts, Pareto charts, etc.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time