Lead Analyst - Benefits Accounting
Eaton's Corporate Finance team is currently seeking a Lead Analyst - Benefits Accounting to join our Benefits Accounting team. This position is located at our Beachwood, OH facility.
The Lead Analyst - Benefits Accounting is responsible for coordinating, analyzing, and processing all auditing and benefit funding requirements for Eaton's U.S. and Puerto Rico pension plans. This position is also responsible for the oversight of Eaton's Defined Benefit (DB) pension plans as it relates to internal and outsources systems and administration, including data validity and calculation accuracy.
In this role, you will collaborate on issues with multiple global corporate functions, such as Human Resources, Treasury, and Payroll, and with outside auditors and consultants. You will also manage and direct third party administrators.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will audit monthly pension benefit commencements in all U.S. and Puerto Rico retirement plans and direct service providers to take action on behalf of Eaton's benefit plans.
- You will maintain an Access data base of all payments made from the U.S. and Puerto Rico pension plans and reconcile and approve payments from the pension trusts and from corporate cash.
- You will serve as the primary contract with Fidelity's DM calculation team. You will assign research items to the team as needed, including accumulating and communicating audit results to Fidelity. You will manage the calculation error tracking process
- You will reconcile the weekly participant data feed to Fidelity with Payroll reports to ensure that the participant data held at Fidelity is accurate.
- You will prepare documentation for all SOX requests and provide information to actuaries and auditors for annual DB funding valuations, financial statements and plan audits
- You will complete monthly general ledger allocations and account reconciliations and ensure account balances are properly stated.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in actuarial science, accounting, or finance
- This position does not provide sponsorship. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- This position does not provide relocation. Candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of Eaton's Beachwood, OH Facility
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following majors: actuarial science, accounting, finance, or mathematics
- Understanding of pension benefits
- Experience in Corporate Accounting & Reporting procedure
- Experience implementing finance process improvements
- Familiarity with financial systems and processes, leveraging systems capabilities and associated controls
- High sense of urgency
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time