Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking a Planner to join our team.
This position is based at our Aurora, Co facility.
As a Planner, you will schedule and coordinate the flow of work within or between departments of the manufacturing plant to expedite production, reviews the master production schedule and work orders, establishes priorities for specific customer orders, and revises the schedule according to work order specifications, established priorities, and availability or capability of workers, parts, materials, machines and equipment. The position requires high attention to detail, the ability to prioritize tasks across a variety of projects and completion of task/projects against firm deadlines.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Maintain standard work and business processes to manage customer past dues and on-time-delivery in accordance with demand plan, customer orders and internal metrics.
- Create, expedite and maintain STOs (stock transfer orders) to ensure delivery schedules are met. Advise Customer Service of any issues and inform them of any changes to original commitments.
- Coordinate with the Forecasting and Purchasing Teams to validate supply-chain strategies and planning parameters, including vendor stocking programs.
- Work with functional areas within the plant to remove obstacles to achieve internal goals and objectives. Communicate unforeseen deviations that effect on-time delivery to Customer Service.
- Maintain accurate master data in SAP - evaluate planning parameters and supply strategies.
- Ensure understanding of supplier/plant’s capacity load and communicate adjustments accordingly.
- Manage product transitions and introductions with Marketing, Engineering and Supply Chain Management.
- Work collectively with the Sourcing team and/or Logistics-Shipping to identify and resolve vendor and/or supply-chain issues. Perform Problem solving and cross-functional skills. Promotes and champions change.
- Provide data and participate in Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning function.
- Coordinate the expediting of parts with Manufacturing to ensure Customer Focus and demand is met.
- Support Master Schedulers in developing, implementing and monitoring global commodity strategies to achieve performance objectives, supplier optimization (cost, quality, delivery) to gain lowest total cost and meet divisional strategic plans.
- Work with customer service to clarify requirements and identify negotiate when production is constrained.
- Manage cost reduction projects and improvement initiatives to achieve overall business objectives.
- Dispatch production orders and assists in regulating production floor activities as needed.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in supply chain or manufacturing
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of Aurora, CO will be considered.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- SAP OR Oracle experience
- Experience in a plant or manufacturing setting
- CPIM/APIC Certification is a plus
Position Success Criteria:
- Experience in both individual and team-based project planning and leadership.
- High level of ability to communicate clearly, both written and verbal.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule as necessary to meet project requirements.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team of individuals in a multi-tasking environment.
- Team oriented problem solving skills and corrective action methodology. Strong knowledge and understanding of engineering principle and practices.
- Subject matter expertise on all areas of facilities and mechanical engineering disciplines.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No