Supply Chain Manager
Eaton’s Power Components Division is currently seeking a Supply Chain Manager to join our team.
This position is based at our Beaver, PA facility.
The Supply Chain Manager will plan, direct, & coordinate all materials functions for the Beaver, PA facility, including inter-unit, purchasing, inventory control, production control, receiving, stores, and selection of traffic carriers for the plant. Plan & manage the procurement of a large variety of complex materials and services to effectively support the production requirements for the plant; oversee the review and negotiation of purchase price, quality, availability, delivery, and other factors necessary to ensure the overall conformance of materials purchased to manufacturing specifications and overall company production objectives; manage and coordinate materials inventories and services.
- You will manage and oversee the procurement of all goods, supplies, and services to support the production cycle time requirements of the plant.
- You will maintain continuous knowledge of company sales & market trends of products manufactured at the plant to determine current inventory volumes and future materials and inventory needs.
- You will maintain knowledge and awareness of market changes in commodities to be purchased to ensure the availability of products/materials for manufacturing functions at competitive prices and within alternate sources of supply to meet production requirements of the plant.
- You will oversee the location, selection and development of new and necessary delivery time frames. You will alternate sources of supply to meet production requirements of the plant.
- You will develop and maintain effective contacts and working relationships with key suppliers.
- You will plan and manage the preparation and communication of product specifications for bid and manage negotiations with the most favorable prices, quality, delivery time, etc.
- You will manage and oversee the award and administration of purchase orders and agreements in accordance with established company policies and procedures; resolve promptly any supplier problems.
- You will manage and coordinate quality audit programs for new and existing suppliers; meet with suppliers to discuss product specifications, product quality, etc.
- You will develop programs for potential cost improvements within the procurement process that will continually improve support to the manufacturing materials availability and timing needs.
- You will develop and manage automated information systems to plan, monitor, and coordinate on-going inventory levels to provide maximum support for the production needs of the plant.
- You will determine short-term and long-term inventory control needs relative to the availability of materials for manufacturing.
- You will plan, recommend, justify, and manage annual operating budgets and financial targets in accordance with known operational needs, strategies, and objectives.
- You will plan and manage training, instruction, and guidance to all subordinate supervisory and other employees to ensure their knowledge of proper equipment and use of accepted work processes and standards.
- You will remain knowledgeable of required personnel-related policies and procedures of the company; monitor and correct employee actions of behavior to ensure adherence with required policies, procedures, systems, and rules.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, systems or finance
- Seven (7) years’ experience in a manufacturing purchasing or production control environment
- Authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- At least 3 years of experience managing a supply chain organization
- Experience with modern supply chain models and systems
- Master’s degree in engineering, MBA, systems or finance
- APICS / CPIM Certification
- Experience with MAPICS and AS400
- Experience with upgrading the processes and systems within a supply chain system across the organization
Position Success Criteria:
- Broad knowledge of a business and manufacturing enterprise, as well as computerized inventory systems.
- General understanding of accounting principles, industrial engineering, and manufacturing processes.
- Extensive understanding of laws that affect company purchasing policies, procedures, and decisions.
- Broad understanding of corporate and division purchasing policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop material plans that support sales and inventory objectives simultaneously for a multi-product plant.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time