Eaton’s Power Controls Division has an opening for a 2nd Shift Manager at our Beaver, PA Manufacturing Facility
The Shift Manager will manage production activities and resources per established practices and/or policies to ensure the achievement of the site’s safety, quality, and customer requirements. The person in this position is responsible for establishing and maintaining a positive employee relationship environment by demonstrating Eaton’s Values, Ethics and Philosophies.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be the key driver of the company's vision and mission by reinforcing Ethics, Values and Quality policies to the operations team on your shift.
- You will proactively implement, promote and maintain a safe working environment through diligence in incident prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance, and policy enforcement.
- You will fully engage the workforce and promote personal accountability by identifying goals, and empowering employees. You will foster innovation and promote continuous learning by providing formal and informal feedback on employee performance.
- You will partner with the Master Scheduler and the Supply Chain department to ensure continuous alignment between demand forecasts and load/capacity plans to optimize schedule execution.
- You will provide guidance and support to direct reports to discuss expectations, progress of work, and resolution of problems to ensure that the site operational objectives are met.
- You will drive continuous improvement programs and manufacturing process improvements by applying appropriate Eaton Business System processes and problem solving tools in line with the Continuous Improvement Framework.
- You will communicate openly and effectively with employees, recognizing and rewarding employees for results and teamwork consistent with Eaton’s high expectations. You will ensure all policies, procedures, practices and operational standards are effectively communicated to the entire 2nd shift Operations team.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of manufacturing experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading an hourly workforce
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Beaver, PA will be considered
- Master’s degree or MBA from an accredited institution.
- Prior manager of people experience
- Experience with supply chain systems, quality systems and lean manufacturing
- Experience working in a union environment is highly preferred
Position Success Criteria:
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and implement change activities.
- Working knowledge of current manufacturing, engineering, materials management and quality assurance methods and practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and motivate employees.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive working relationships at all levels in the organization.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and 5S.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No