Eaton’s Fluid and Electrical Distribution Division is currently seeking a Mechanical Assembler to join our team. This position is based at our Rumford, RI facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will work from prints, method sheets, operation sheets, specification sheets, sketches, and/or verbal instructions to produce parts in accordance with acceptable quality and quantity levels.
- You will set up and operate small lathes, automatic machines, drill presses, lapping machines, pneumatic drill presses, hydraulic presses and marking. Perform hydraulic tests on parts and assemblies as specified on methods and verbal instructions in K Department.
- You will perform a variety of secondary machining operations such as turning, boring, chamfering, counterboring, and general assembly work. Prepare, sandblast components and run spot welding machine. Setup by others.
- You will use micrometers, Vernier’s, vacuum check, monochromatic light, optical flat, stops and guides, plug gages, expansion plugs and indicators. Set speeds and feeds, tools, depth gauges, comparators and similar instruments.
- You will machine fixtures, jaws, plugs, and similar parts. Change and reset dull tooling as required. Charge table plates with diamond paste following prescribed methods. Repair parts and finished seals as instructed or directed by Supervisor
- You will be responsible for checking own work after first piece check by Supervisor.
- You will report faulty operation, defective material and unusual conditions to Supervisor.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of the Rumford, RI facility will be considered.
- All positions require use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in arms regulations. All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as a U.S.Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Ability to read and interpret complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables
- Experience with precision measurement instrumentation
- Knowledgeable in GD&T
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No