Lead Power Electronics Engineer
- You will lead electrical and system engineering activities for three phase grid-tie energy storage products.
- You will mentor, assign tasks and determine priority for project team members as needed
- You will champion innovative solutions to semiconductor device, power electronics topology, magnetics, thermal, and digital controls functions
- You will perform system and architectural product design
- You will design and develop power converters and storage systems for commercial scale power systems and accessories
- You will analyze and simulate power electronics systems including, analog, logical, and digital electronics. Leverages use of Hardware in the Loop simulation systems..
- You will be the technical leader for new product development projects responsible for meeting schedule, cost and product performance goals. Interfaces closely with cross-functional team members
- You will review product development requirement specifications including product management and customer requirements. Writes and maintains functional specifications of design solutions.
- You will evaluate alternative design solutions to meet product development requirements factoring in performance, cost and schedule.
- You will keep track of latest power electronics, battery technology and controls strategies. Applies knowledge to grid-tie power conversion applications.
- You will apply Design for Six Sigma principles as part of the development process.
- You will interface with factory, service and product engineering departments.
- You will support factory introduction and field deployment of new products.
- You will foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution with a minimum of 4 years of electrical product development experience
OR Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution with a minimum of 2 years of electrical product development experience
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Strong knowledge of Design for Six Sigma concepts
- Solid background in the field of power electronics and control algorithms
- Experience developing new products utilizing a stage-gate process
- Proficiency in using simulation tools such as Matlab/Simulink, PSpice, etc
- Experience with power electronic utility interface and regulatory specifications
- Systems engineering experience with complex electrical systems
- Proven track record for leading project teams
- Experience interacting with Global teams
- Knowledge of high power product design considerations preferred (200 kVA to 1 MVA).
- Cross functional team development experience
- Experience developing complex electrical systems with digital controls
- Ability to evaluate and design higher level system architectural considerations involving electrical, software, and mechanical cross-disciplinary principles.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Good understanding of control of power electronics and/or battery management systems
- Knowledge of Regulatory requirements for global applications
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovation leadership, is able to come up with and productize new and unique ideas
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving using logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Ability to demonstrate process management and figure out processes necessary to get things done
- Ability to demonstrate technical learning and can learn new skills, knowledge, industry, product or technical knowledge
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD CPS Critical Power Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time