Container Unloader and Replenisher - 3rd Shift
Eaton’s Residential Wiring Devices Division is currently seeking a Container Unloader and Replenisher on 3rd Shift. This position is based at our Charlotte, NC facility.
This is a warehouse position requiring the use of industrial powered equipment such as narrow aisle reach forklifts and end riders. This position is primarily responsible for the offloading and palletizing boxes of freight from shipping containers. Between containers, this position will assist in moving finished goods form the overflow locations into the pick locations to accommodate the picking process. This position is required to maintain the required production levels, inventory accuracy, and good housekeeping.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will sort part numbers onto different pallets while offloading shipping containers.
- You will be responsible for the verification of the item, the quantity and location to which the material is being transacted.
- You will consolidate any opened cartons when putting material away.
- You will ensure that the location is neat and accurate when transaction has been completed.
- You will put material away into the carton flow racks the replenisher must make sure that the labels are facing the pickers and that the location is not overstocked.
- You will be responsible for performing cycle counts when discrepancies are discovered and notifying the appropriate inventory control personal when necessary.
- You will be responsible for identifying and placing all less than full cartons on the top layer for pallet locations and in the front of the location for all carton flow rack locations.
- You will be responsible for reacting to any picker request as quickly as possible and communicating to management any items that may need to have pick locations assigned.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
No relocation is provided for this opening. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of Charlotte, NC will be considered.
Minimum of 1 year experience operating a forklift
Working in a fast-paced environment, lifting up to 35 lbs. throughout the day
- When operating powered equipment, operators must be mobile enough to turn their body to look in the direction of travel
- 1-year experience in RF technology
- Experience operating an end-rider (riding pallet jack)
- Possesses solid communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrates a “can do” attitude and a sense of urgency
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No