Director Human Resources
Eaton’s Lighting Division has an opening for a Director Human Resources to join our HR leadership team. This position is located in our Peachtree City, GA location.
Reporting to the VP Human Resources, this person will serve as the primary business partner and HR support for the VP/GMs of the Outdoor Lighting, Architectural Lighting and Lighting Systems & Solutions product platforms. Additionally, this role will assist with international HR support in Canada and the UK. This individual will also partner with the leadership teams to align HR/people-related actions to the product platform and functional strategic and operating plans, as well as provide direction and guidance to the field HR team falling within the product platforms. The HR Director will work with leadership teams on a broad range of HR-related items, including organizational development and effectiveness, talent management and acquisition, succession planning, M&A due diligence and integration planning, and employee relations. The role will also be responsible for supporting and deploying various corporate and divisional initiatives to support the company’s culture, values and guiding principles.
- Partner with the GM’s and functional clients as strategic business/human resource leader.
- Supports achievement of overall business objectives through the design and implementation of effective HR strategy, programs, practices, policies and tools.
- Develops and implements organizational structure and alignment recommendations linked to strategy. Capable of leading organizational redesign projects.
- Employ coaching, consulting and facilitation skills to influence behavior and business decisions consistent with Eaton Values and Philosophy.
- Develops, recommends and implements policies, procedures and employee feedback tools designed to promote and monitor a positive employee relations climate and the accomplishment of company objectives.
- Helps the business ensure there is a continuing talent pool of skills and leadership available to drive the business. This will include providing direction and leadership in succession planning, training, talent development and performance management.
- Coaches and develops high performing plant HR and staff and supports them in driving effective recruiting and retention strategies and other HR initiatives focused on meeting human capital needs.
- Develops, recommends and implements policies, procedures and employee feedback tools designed to promote and monitor a positive employee relations climate and the accomplishment of Company objectives.
- Create organizational capacity for change, leading and sponsoring programs that promote organizational flexibility and effectiveness.
- Deploys an effective employee communications strategy to provide updates on current business performance and allows for employee feedback on issues affecting the workforce.
- Ensures the company is in compliance with all applicable legislation regarding labor relations, employee relations, diversity, employment, employee benefits, safety, compensation and other employee related matters.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Human Resources
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- Prior multi-site HR leadership experience is preferred
- Strong communication skills for interaction with all levels of the organization
- Strong people management skills with the ability to earn the respect and trust of peers, seniors and subordinates
- An undergraduate degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred
- Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus and complete benefits
- This position is located in our Peachtree City, GA location
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time