Senior Planning Analyst
Eaton’s Residential Wiring Device Division is seeking a Senior Planning Analyst to join our team. This position is based at our Lincoln, IL facility.
Analyzes and plans material requirements by determining the quantity and date materials are needed to ensure optimal inventory levels. Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meet specifications. Prepares and processes requisitions as appropriate.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will plan inventory levels of an assigned group of production materials. Designs inventory systems consistent with materials manufacturing philosophy to ensure zero material downtime and optimal inventory levels.
- You will interview and negotiate with current vendors on delivery.
- You will perform necessary follow-up and expediting activities. Assures a timely and effective flow of material through the plant, keeping down time to a minimum. Keeps plant inventories of parts at established levels through cycle counting programs, location audits or other practices as applicable. Ensures optimal space utilization.
- You will analyze lot size orders.
- You will ensure actions held drive performance toward profit plan targets for stock fill rate, load attainment, manufacturing lead time and other key metrics and plant goals.
- You will develop personal purposes and assists the manufacturing manager in the development and implementation of department goals.
- You will follow orders through the shop to maintain production/shipping schedule.
- You will execute data coding to maintain integrity in ERP and order management system. Issues and follows up on orders with quantity changes, cancellations, re-schedules, and priority items
- You will maintain policy codes, safety stock levels, lead times and other necessary production records maintained on the database lot size.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a Supply Chain, Manufacturing or Engineering role.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis now and in the future.
- A college degree is required, preferably in Supply Chain or Engineering related field
- 2-3 years of Supply Chain experience in a MFG environment
- Prior experience working with Lean tools
Position Success Criteria:
- Assigns priorities to job orders when requested and follows progress through completion so that dates are met.
- Reviews availability of raw material to manufacture current and future orders.
- Assists in identifying and clearing difficulties and delays on the shop floor.
- Recommends alternative action to be taken in events of failure to meet the schedules.
- Adheres to all facility safety guidelines and identifies potential hazards to reduce or eliminate them.
- Accumulates data for special reports.
- Utilize Lean tools to identify and improve planning processes, materials flow and service metrics.
- Team oriented problem solving skills and corrective action methodology. Strong knowledge and understanding of engineering principle and practices.
- Subject matter expertise on all areas of facilities and mechanical engineering disciplines.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time