Sr. Supplier Development Engineer
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Senior Supplier Development Engineer in Eaton’s Vehicle business, based in Shanghai, China.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of a fast paced, and sales orientated team in a large multi-national company.
The role which offers a broad variety of responsibilities including international liaising and great learning opportunities.
- 5-10 years manufacturing experience either following industrial Steel, casting and casting machining, forging and forging machining (Exclude Gear & Shaft)
- Drives process and systemic quality improvements, at assigned supplier sites, through the use of quality tools (SPC, Six Sigma) and validates improvements through defined measurable to reduce quality non-conformances (DMR) and PPM to Eaton.
- Drives continuous improvement activities through the use of Lean, Six Sigma and VA/VE at strategic supplier sites and validates the improvements to achieve the cost saving.
- Conducts supplier site risk assessments, CQI in support of new sourcing, to determine if a supplier’s quality system meets Eaton’s performance thresholds.
- Participates on commodity teams and provides the quality and technical detail required to support source selection.
- Lead High Risk Components APQP at Supplier site and achieves successful launch.
- Works collaboratively with plant SQE and acts as point of escalation for major supplier issues.
- Performs fundamental data analysis (Quality systems, PPM, DMR) to determine performance level of responsible suppliers.
- Assists, as required, in internal training of staff on supplier development procedures, processes and work instructions.
- Supports error proofing in the design stage through design & manufacturability reviews held with Product Engineer and suppliers, prior to source selection.
- Works in accordance with Eaton’s defined Supplier Development Procedures, Processes, and Work instructions.
- 5-10 years plant commodity manufacturing experience (Steel, casting and casting machining, forging and forging machining (Exclude Gear & Shaft))
- Technical degree in engineering discipline or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years experience in using quality tools/methodologies(PPAP, APQP, SPC)
- Working toward or certified Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Knowledge of Automotive Industry specific quality registration (ISO/TS16949 / IATF16949)
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacture
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the company
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to think strategically
- Speaks English as a primary/secondary language
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time