Welding Processes Specialist Engineer
Eaton’s Aeroespace division is currently seeking a Special Processes Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Tijuana facility.
The Special Processes Engineer is responsible to provide manufacturing technical welding direction and assistance for new and existing products, including process design, facility layout, capital equipment, and tooling requirements manufacturing operations.
The position drives continuous improvement while utilizing the framework of the Eaton Business System (EBS) and the Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Some activities related with the position will be:
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of experience on a similar position.
- Minimum 5 years of experience on Welding (GTAW, RSW, SMAW, etc)
- Materials engineering background (desired)
- Bilingual English/ Spanish
- Good communication skills
- Materials Heat Treat processes knowledge
- Computer Skills
- Strong project management skills
- Understanding of problem solving methods (Six Sigma, 8D, root cause analysis)
- Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality registration schemes and certification processes (NADCAP, ISO9001, AS9100, and AWS).
- Knowledge of process auditing techniques to ensure compliance to defined quality requirements.
- Knowledge of MIL, ASM, ASTM, AWS Standards, with aircraft engine manufacturer specification knowledge
- Detail Oriented
- Bachelor’s degree on Engineering.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified (desired)
- AWS-CWI Certified (desired)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Latin America
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time