Product Engineer (Dallas Satellite)
Eaton’s Commercial Distribution Products & Assemblies Division is currently seeking a Product Engineer to join our team! This position is based at our Grapevine, TX facility.
The Product Engineer will execute administrative, engineering/technical, supply chain & sales functions in support of the goals established for the Satellite facility’s manufacture of high quality power distribution products.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will prepare all drawings and manufacturing information (mechanical drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams, bills of material, etc.) to ensure execution of facility goals.
- You will maintain positive regional client group relationships regarding technical specifications, product application, requests for approval and job site visits.
- You will manage Customer Quality (CQM) warranty issues with respect to troubleshooting and engineering of products shipped.
- You will ensure inventory and purchase orders are executed proactively to resolve all issues in a timely manner relative to the facility production schedule.
- You will assist with specific scheduling for Satellite/Service Center products; ensure these items are manufactured based on customer need and plant capacity levels.
- You will maintain good working relationships with customers, distributors, supply chain, Eaton sales personnel and internal plant personnel in support of a quality customer service effort.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year of working experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of the Grapevine, TX facility will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or Mechatronics Engineering
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a manufacturing setting
- 1 to 3 years of related product engineering experience
- Strong product knowledge of Panelboards/Switchboards
- Strong knowledge of controls engineering
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Strong business acumen
- Knowledge of basic electricity
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to problem solve and analyze product application issues and drive them to root cause resolution.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with internal and external customers.
- Must be a strong team player that enjoys a fast paced environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time