We are looking forward to an EHS Manager in Eaton’s electrical business, based in Changzhou, China.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This position provides environmental, health, safety, and security leadership to Changzhou plant operations. Success is defined through the attainment and continual improvement of metrics that are defined by the plant.
- Lead development of facility strategic EHS Plan. Work with plant manager and staff to implement and execute plan
- Maintain EHS compliance calendar, and ensure required activities occur to maintain facility EHS compliance
- Lead and/or participate in the investigation of employee concerns, EHS Incidents, and Employee Observations/Near Misses, along with corrective action development, implementation and follow-up
- Maintain and monitor effectiveness of EHS inspections
- Maintain and communicate EHS metrics as required, to facility, division and/or corporate EHS management
- Oversee Industrial Hygiene Program, and conduct follow-up communications with employees, and follow-up monitoring as dictated by results
- Ensure EHS reviews are integrated into the Management of Change process and the Lean/MVP efforts
- Evaluate effectiveness of existing EHS programs; determine the need for any additional programs; develop and implement additional programs as needed, or dictated by division and corporate management
- Actively involved with the Joint and Executive Safety Committees; evaluate recommendations; develop and implement corrective actions
- Act as the facility EHS contact with government EHS agencies
- Maintain system to track necessary data for environmental report s, along with timely report submittal (Form R, air emissions reports, etc.)
- Ensure Property Conservation Program is in place, including required training, inspections, and testing. Evaluate recommendations from property insurer, and implement as appropriate
If you are:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a technical field, preferably engineering, chemistry, or EHS management, and 7+ years of experience in manufacture management, 3+ years of relevant experience in foundry/molding/die casting. Working experience in US enterprise is preferred
- Strong willing to do continuous improvement
- Ability to work in matrix organization with multiple reporting responsibilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of all components of an EHS Program, including accident investigation, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, life safety, machine guarding, air permitting, wastewater, hazardous waste, property conservation, and workers’ compensation
- Evaluate EHS programs, and then develop and implement corrective actions.
- Application and integration of EHS with Lean, six sigma principles
- Working towards an EHS certification, such as Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM)
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: EPG CHD APAC
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No