Commodity Manager, Vehicle Group
Eaton’s Vehicle Group is currently seeking a Commodity Manager to join our team.
This position is based at our Southfield, Mi facility.
Leads the development, management and oversight of standard supply chain processes and develops global strategies through consensus building to implement cost effective improvements for Eaton Vehicle Group globally. This position develops long term commodity strategic planning, creates commodity metrics and ensures commodity strategies are aligned, deployed and meet the requirements of the Supply Chain Management across global operations. Position is accountable for effectively implementing Eaton’s strategic plan and managing measurable results. This position is responsible for driving the sourcing strategies for the specific category globally and leads the global commodity team within the function.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will establish and guide supply chain teams in developing strategies to leverage Eaton’s world-wide buy, generate cost-outcome results, reduce supply base and improve quality and service performance.
- You will Initiate, develop and execute global strategic initiatives to facilitate cross-business synergies and increased leverage across a rationalized set of global preferred supplier partners.
- You will negotiate and manage key strategic supplier contracts and relationships
- You will review, approve, monitor and report compliance to commodity agreements and strategies based upon Eaton SCM strategic directions.
- You will support the development of innovative business solutions, forecasts and commodity projections.
- You will present to senior management new planning tools, methods, technical analysis, standards and procurement opportunities that are aligned with SCM/Eaton strategic plans and cost reduction initiatives.
- You will lead global and regional commodity teams for supporting and managing supply chain strategic and operations goals.
- You will identify and implement innovative solutions to business problems, independently and through high performance cross-functional teams.
- You will benchmark procurement processes to develop and implement best practices throughout Eaton and Supply Chain Management.
- You will create alignment between Global Vehicle SCM and business unit strategic and financial plans.
- You will be conducting Supplier Business Reviews with strategic suppliers on a regular basis annually.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in commodity management OR a minimum of 5 years of supply chain work experience.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
- MBA or specialized Master’s degree in Procurement related studies
Position Success Criteria:
- Experience in both individual and team-based project planning and leadership.
- High level of ability to communicate clearly, both written and verbal.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule as necessary to meet project requirements.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team of individuals in a multi-tasking environment.
- Team oriented problem solving skills and corrective action methodology. Strong knowledge and understanding of engineering principle and practices.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time