QA Analyst - API Testing
Job Title: QA Analyst - API Testing #063815
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a QA Analyst- API Testing in Eaton’s EITC business, based in Pune, India
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of a fast paced Global TA team in a large multi-national company.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Review and analyze the requirement documents for functional and non functional requirements
- Define and execute test strategies, plans, estimations for small to medium size projects
- Contribute in executing the test strategy, plan of large size projects
- Hold and/or facilitate test strategy / case reviews with cross-functional teams
- Create and review traceability matrix between requirements and testing artifacts and ensure optimum test coverage
- Create, review and maintain manual and/or automated test cases/scripts, test data and execute test cases/scripts
- Contribute in impact analysis for regression testing
- Define and maintain automation testing framework for creating reusable and modular automated scripts
- Identify, log defects and participate in defect triaging
- Identify and raise the potential risk and issues in time
- Create and distribute QA status reports, test closure reports
- Capture data for standard QA metrics
- Make effective use of Eaton standard processes and tools for testing activities
- Effectively collaborate with software developers, project managers, database administrators, Business Analysts, Architects in a rapid software development environment to deploy quality products on time
- Build and share domain/technical knowledge across the team/group
- Participate in Continuous improvement initiatives related to processes or policies impacting QA for the applications/projects/enterprise.
If you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Masters in Computer applications with about 4-7 years of QA experience
- Experience in working with cross functional and regional/global teams
- Strong knowledge, hands-on testing experience in all test activities for manual and automation testing on projects of small to large in size and/or complexity
- Good experience in using testing tools such as Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), Unified Functional Testing (UFT)
- Strong experience in testing of web services (SOAP and REST protocols), JSON/XML, web apps
- working proficiency with at least one API automation tool/framework such as SOAPUI with groovy scripting, Postman, SOA Test, REST Assured
- Able to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Manage to priorities and reprioritize
- Have strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with experience of direct stakeholder involvement
- Must demonstrate high drive for results and self-learning, Self-motivated attitude
- Testing, testing tools related certification is a plus
- Requires a broad knowledge of information technology capabilities and characteristics, software languages and applications, data base technology, communications hardware/software, standards and procedures and data security techniques.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time