Manager, Global Project Management
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Manager, Global Project Management to join our team.
The Manager, Global Project Management is responsible for:
The post-order component and assemblies business of products built in The United States and shipped abroad. Global team customers consist primarily of Eaton subsidiaries, channel partners, and customers within countries that accept NEMA/ANSI standards. This team has responsibility for customer support, order entry, logistics guidance, technical product support, pricing negotiation, product configuration changes, customer approval drawings and construction drawings review, order fulfilment, project management, specification review, warranty resolution, contracts review and financial management including risk accounts, letters of credit and customer claims.
This leadership assignment will provide direction, leadership, and strategy to a team while holding them accountable to all critical processes. It will provide functional expertise and tactical leadership to a team of commercial and technical professionals. This position requires a clear understanding of our systems, tools, and day-to-day activities to support global business requirements. The ability to leverage internal and external resources to accomplish these goals is required. The goal of the assignment is to maximize customer satisfaction and employee engagement while meeting internal productivity, financial order management, technical support, and sales objectives. This assignment will require the building of strong international relationships to position the team as a partner in these markets.
This assignment will also play an active role on the EatonCare leadership team. The leadership team sets direction, develops strategy, engages with customers, confirms processes and is responsible for site performance. This includes the integration of EBS tools, driving change, engaging employees, and holding employees accountable for their performance as well as representing the site through EBE Assessments.
- Drive an operations approach into the business to perform functions in the most effective manner possible. In addition, identifying the most appropriate metrics is a must to drive an improvement in perception among our customers.
- Utilize EBS tools to identify required areas of improvement and pull together a team to implement.
- Assist in communicating the vision of EatonCare to ensure that the direction of the organization is clearly understood and is strongly tied to our operations partners. Enhances communication between product line management and field sales management to meet the financial objectives of the company.
- Build relationships with country managers, senior sales management and product line management to assist in the development of marketing and product line sales and pricing strategies. Understands and supports strategies unique to global business.
- Determine best industry practices and policies through collection of customer satisfaction data and benchmarking. Makes appropriate structural and procedural changes across all technical and non-technical functions of the organization. Evaluates customer feedback (from customer surveys) and recommends action plans for improvement. Analyzes market information and communicates trends
- Set policies and guidelines to ensure the effective financial management of an estimated $200M new business each year. Drives responsible management of Global Risk account expenditures and Business Policy Concession resources.
- Define performance metrics and evaluates and interprets data to drive performance improvement and productivity throughout the organization. Improves team productivity.
- Actively participate in the site EBE preparation and assessment.
- Lead by example in the community by sharing time and talent with targeted agencies.
- 5 years’ experience in sales, marketing, or customer support.
- BS/BA degree from an accredited institution.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Prior leadership experience
- Knowledge of global business requirements and experience building customer relationships.
- In-depth knowledge of export requirements, Incoterms, and different international distribution channels.
- Ability to leverage resources and influence without authority.
- Process oriented and with an understanding of EBS.
- Operations experience as well as understanding of ANSI/NEMA and IEC standards.
- Knowledge of systems and tools required to support Global business.
- Relationships with major component and assemblies manufacturing facilities.
- Experience in team building and employee engagement.
- Successful track record of managing people.
- History of community involvement.
- Strong promoter of Inclusion and Diversity
- Experience leading change.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstration of leadership style and a record of getting results.
- An understanding of analytical tools is a must including Mentor, Cognos, Excel, etc.
- Solid understanding of financial statements and the impact of actions required to improve performance.
- Experience in building strong teams and encouraging employee engagement.
- Strong Logistics & Supply Chain background with proven Global business experience.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
At Eaton, We are
committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and
employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless
of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic
information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: MCO Marketing Commercial Operations
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time