Job Title: Engineer-Quality #063799
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Engineer-Quality in Eaton’s Supply Chain Management Shared Services, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being amodel of inclusion & diversity are already embeddedin who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
The principal role of PPAP Engineer is to Evaluate and Approve PPAP documents as per AIAG guidelines, identify the gaps in submitted documents, communicate back to supplier &take follow up for correction. Also ensure corrected actions implemented in respective process & help in identifying root cause of defects occurred in the supplied parts.
Your essential responsibilities:
• Evaluate PPAP packages according to AIAG guidelines and/or customer agreed requirements,
• Identify, investigate, and Resolve Supplier Technical and/or System issues related to product or process realization to support an effective PPAP.
• Implements measures to improve PPAP Process efficiency,
• Trouble shoot flawless PPAP approvals in coordination with global stake holders.
• Anticipate customer requirements and provide customer centric solutions.
• Encourage & implement Continuous Improvement culture within team & at supplier end.
• Work as a co- coordinator between suppliers and internal functions/plants (Engineering, Plants, Operations, etc.) to clarify requirements, eliminate confusion, and improve definition of requirements.
• Understand customer requirement and quick turnaround time on adhoc requests.
• Monitor and communicate supplier performance of all key suppliers
If you are:
BE in (Mechanical, Production, & Industrial Engineering ) with 3-6 years’ experience in, Manufacturing / or Process Engineering ,Supplier Development Engineering (Manufacturing experience)
Excellent communication skills - Must speak and write English fluently.
Experience in working with global customers, suppliers.
Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
Working knowledge of statistical tools including SPC, Gauge R&R and capability analysis.
Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
Excellent interpersonal skills
Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as Machining / Casting / Electrical & Electronics / Sheet Metal & Rubber Hoses is preferred as per sequence.
Engineer should possess the thorough knowledge of APQP & PPAP process
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only