Production Supervisor 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Division is currently seeking a Production Supervisor (2nd Shift) to join our team. This position is based at our Waukesha, WI (Lincoln Ave.) facility.
The 2nd Shift Production Supervisor is responsible for driving processes in their designated department through the Eaton Business systems. In this role, you will assist the Plant Manager and Production Manager in the development of processes to achieve a zero-incident culture, maximize output, maintain machinery, and reduce overall costs.
Through these improvements, you will exceed the customers’ expectations by making sure that the organizational decision making is based on a process-oriented culture – to ensure the linkage from strategy to actions.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Staff, develop and maintain an effective workforce of production personnel to accomplish department goals. Responsible for employee selection, counseling, training and development and for managing the department through contemporary management to ensure continued non-union status. Establish personal and departmental performance goals and objectives.
- Plan, direct, and control the work of assigned work centers to make maximum effective utilization of employees, equipment and material within budgetary requirements and cost/quality standards. This includes complete responsibility for the effective utilization of overtime and control of absenteeism.
- Own the overall performance of assigned area. Facilitate smooth hand offs between all shifts, identify and facilitate continuous improvement activity, participate and lead initiatives to meet plant level goals, work with Shift Supervisors to set appropriate staffing levels and staffing alignment.
- Maintain the quality as well as quantity of various manufactured parts so that they meet engineering specifications. Manage each work center to achieve the lowest level of scrap and rework possible.
- Be responsible for analyzing operating reports and taking necessary corrective action to effectively control all costs and expenses related to the department. Prepare budgets for all controllable expense accounts pertaining to own department. Provide other budgetary information to supervisor as requested to meet plan budgeting requirements.
- Be responsible for effective implementation of modern manufacturing methods that will reduce costs and increase production while improving the quality of goods produced. Responsible for being knowledgeable of new technologies and applications of state of the art manufacturing.
- Identify specific training needs of assigned employees and work with HR to develop programs designed to address their needs. Where required, participate in these programs as a trainer.
- Act as a strong advocate of company Safety and Environmental initiatives and priorities
- Ensure that all SAP systems and functions are being maintained, supported and used
- Act as a strong advocate of Lean operating principles and database decision making such as Six Sigma and SPC
- Has departmental responsibility and provides departmental leadership across all shifts
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Minimum of 4 years of supervisory experience
- Lean/Six Sigma certifications
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and SAP
- Knowledge of manufacturing operation and quality methods and how these operations relate to problems within areas of responsibility
- Conflict resolution experience and strong problem-solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to manage priorities and crisis situations
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No