Manufacturing Engineer Supervisor
Eaton’s Power Quality division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Raleigh, NC facility.
The Manufacturing Engineer Supervisor is responsible for supervising manufacturing engineers and technicians to guide them to meet operational goals including: safety, quality and cost out objectives by using the Eaton Lean Six Sigma tools and systems.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Champion the use of Eaton systems and tools to ensure appropriate execution within assigned areas.
- Develop priorities and project
schedules relating to safety, quality, process improvements,
Eaton Six Sigma Lean, New Product Introductions (NPI), engineering changes and cost reduction projects.
- Manage capital projects including manufacturing equipment, facility enhancements and new product start-ups.
- Communicate company policies and guidelines and ensure they are consistently practiced and deployed.
- Champions manufacturing interest in transitioning engineering designs into factory environment by actively identifying and resolving issues.
- Recommends changes to existing manufacturing processes to improve manufacturing productivity and improve lean flow of materials.
- Evaluate current and future state manufacturing processes and ensures that sound engineering and manufacturing principles are being followed.
- Develop employees within areas of responsibility to work as a team to accomplish goals as set forth by the company location.
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement
- Promotes and maintains 5S+ standards throughout the area.
- Complete all duties assigned by management and deemed pertinent to the continued success of Company employee objectives and/or goals.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Manufacturing and Operations.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes including systems and engineering processes.
- Strong oral/written communication and coaching skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience as Manager of People
- Ability to successfully interface with all organizational levels.
- Working knowledge and experience with computers
- Conflict resolution experience and strong problem-solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to manage priorities and crisis situations
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only