Senior Data Analyst-Sourcing
The Senior Analyst (Sourcing) position is for analysis of spend data at category level drilled down through business, regions and sectors. This position would be responsible for data gathering and mining from different sources (ERPs, Supplier Insight, Spend Monitor etc.), data interpretation for meaningful analysis to identify opportunities related to cost out, cost avoidance, part and supplier rationalization, improving data compliance and data cleansing. This position is also responsible for following up on identified opportunities with category stakeholders and ensure timely execution.
. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Develop comprehensive multidimensional reports for metrics Material Spend by regions, suppliers, items; Savings etc. & provide analytical reports based on time periods (monthly, quarterly and full year)
2. Work with cross functional teams within SCM SSC to create 360-degree view of suppliers for category managers
3. Data gathering- Gather data from internal & external sources by working with category managers, design engineers and manufacturing engineering
4. Responsible for publishing all the analysis (scheduled & ad-hoc) on time with 100% accuracy
5. Responsible for acknowledging customer related queries/request to his/her respective activity with consultation of stakeholder and immediate manager.
6. Lead and/or participate in business meetings and workshops to implement the strategies aligned with categories
7. Drive continuous improvement in processes as per the results from data analysis
8. Handling large data sets logically and conversion of the data to meaningful information via conducting data exploration, preprocessing and cleansing activities
9. Active participation in transitioning new activities and documenting them as per internal and ISO requirements
10. Develop cost model to predict the prices of various commodities for negotiation and cost control purposes using Regression, Decision tree via tools Python & R
- Graduate with 6-8 years of experience in service sector preferably SCM domain
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Advance Data Management using Excel (Formulas, Filtering, Charts, Pivot, VLOOKUP, Data Validation, Conditional Formatting, Text/Logical / nested Functions etc.)
Experience with common data science tool kits, such as R, Python etc.
Experience with data visualization tools such as Power BI, QlikView, R open libraries etc.
Ability to communicate clearly & effectively in person, via e-mail and over phone
- Quick response to deadlines
Excellent Stakeholder management skills, communication and presentation skills
Reporting and Analytics – Should have good experience on data mining, data analysis, report preparation and presentation to project & leadership team
Hands on experience of working on various Knowledge Management tools like SharePoint, CMS, etc
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only