Designs Individual will be part of a BU cross functional team, working on documentation & some design work for release of new product development projects and manufacturing plant cost out and maintenance projects with an impact on capital for tooling.
1. Prepares drawings with provided instructions defined by project team. Produces design layouts and documentation for the construction and testing of prototype models and evaluates designs for fits, tolerance stack, volume, etc., using CAD tools
2. Demonstrates ability to develop quality documentation.
3. Develops basic database files using MS Excel, label printing instructions and format files for use in product labeling.
4. Consults with manufacturing/design engineers, tool designers, label vendors, and others on matters involving the design and manufacture of assigned products.
5. Investigates all sources of information (marketing, standards, manufacturing, and engineering) that will aid in developing thorough documentation and models
6. Prepares drawing releases for all new and revised drawings
7. Responsible for and produces neat and accurate documentation.
8. Accomplish other instructions assigned by manager
- Minimum education to include: High school graduate with credits in Algebra, Plane Geometry and Physics desirable.
- Preferred education equivalent to Associate Degree in Mechanical and/or Electrical Drafting or equivalent experience.
- 1 year (or more) experience in engineered drafting work involving CAD tools.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish.
- Ability to apply or exercise corporate standards related to mechanical or electrical drafting.
- Computer knowledge: Freehand, Illustrator, AutoCAD, MS Office Applications. Desired: Easy Label Software, Pro/E and/or Power PCB, Solid Works.
- Desirable Special knowledge: Fair knowledge of Eaton Electrical products and application of agency standards such as UL, NEMA, KEMA, IEC, CE, NEC, and DEMKO.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time