Test Technician III
Eaton’s Aerospace division is seeking a Test Technician III on 1st shift to join our team. The position is based at our Torrance, CA facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. . It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
The Technician is responsible for the daily Power Supply production testing requirements . The testing requirements are from initial testing (pre-test were the power supply parameters are selected – i.e. efficiency, set points, load regulation, and all related power supply parameters), to follow-up testing in the final testing, and verification of the final parameters specifications writing a test data sheet to record functional parameters. The testing requires to coordinate the testing with the production line and the various process steps.
You will be able to perform troubleshooting of all products to solve mechanical, electrical, and identify possible design related problems.
You will perform electrical tests and special testing of all products.
You will perform electrical test to verify new design with engineer.
You will build test fixtures as needed.
You will recommend changes to improve product performance and reliability.
You will perform acceptance test: Assure product meet all applicable specifications through proper procedures. Document all tests, procedures and test results and any recommended changes.
You will maintain quality and integrity of products by using the QA workmanship standards, skill, and judgment in all work
You will issue engineering variances and deviations to be reviewed by supporting project engineering
You will prepare testing reports as required
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
• Must have an Associate degree or certification in electronics with minimum of 3 years of experience or minimum of 5 years of experience in switching power supply testing
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in arms regulations. All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship.
• No relocation. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Torrance, CA.
• Experience with AC-DC, DC-DC, DC-AC from 5W to 10KW of output power.
• Good verbal and written communication skills. Good technical and interpersonal skills
• Ability to lift 35 pounds and work safely (follow all Eaton electrical safety requirements)
• Ability to read, understand and follow product specifications, schematics, assembly drawings. Test procedures and work orders in English
• Ability to use excel spread sheet, word documentation, calculators, and related test equipment including oscilloscopes, meters, electronic load, power analyzer , current amplifier etc.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No