You will set up and operate all machines, especially CNC lathes, with different controls in three or more cells.
You will modify, edit, download and up load programs via DNC system to make multiple parts. You will produce and check quality of finished parts.
You will MFG-Pro modules relative to the jobs scheduled.
You will take a proactive role with respect to process improvements and Kaizen activities.
You will address scrap causes and take corrective actions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a manufacturing environment OR completion of a machinist/CNC degree/certification.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of the Beltsville facility will be considered
- All positions require use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in arms regulations. All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as a U.S.Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee
Fully understands technical drawings, revisions and note codes, uses QC info. Operate machines, and any other calibration equipment such as calipers, Allen wrench, and air
Ability to perform basic mathematical skills
Job requires lifting up to 35 pounds on a daily basis, as well as standing on feet up to 8-10 hours per day. Constant use of hands is essential.
Willing to train and mentor lower level operators
Ability to display multi-tasking skills and a positive attitude towards tasks assigned
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No